Thursday, August 31, 2006

It's STICKHA time again!

So it is the last day of the month and my inspection stickha expired. I will not go till September 1st b/c now next year I can get one year and one month longa (so Bawston). Last year it was up in July and I waited till August, so see year after year I will go one more month than the last. I am not one to "play" with the system, but I did figure this one to be a win situation on my end. Please tell me people don't go many months with an expired stickha????( I know it is STICKER! but when you grow up here it is a cah with a stickha.....lol.....U know what I mean Pam and Dana). So I was told by my MIL you can not do that. Well I have been doing this for atleast 4 years when I figured out that if I wait till the 1st day of the next month of experation I will get that months # and have an additional 30 or so days from the previous year. Like I am "screwing" TAXACHUSETTS in any way? Massachusetts has more things for us to pay for, this is one more way to get $29.00 every year from us. ( See Normie I now know how to spell MASSACHUSETTS lol) So with hope on my way bright and early Friday morn to the inspection station, I hope not to encountha a trooppha....yah! those Mass. state troopphas!

11 comments:

Norma said...

Plus the line on the last day of the month is usually LONG...so I applaud your idea. But I hope ya don't get pulled ovah!

melissa said...

LOL I'm trying to read this Bostonian!
Our kids' new principal is from Boston-I could hear the accent even though he's lived South for 10 yeas-thats NYer for years.
I've only been to Boston 1x,Quincy market and Rockport. I wanted to go to the aquarium though. We have a friend in RI , from Fall Riva! Now he's in Providence, I think.

Drew said...

"Stick" it to da' man, Stephie!

Hey...do you remember that skit on SNL a few years ago when they were talking Sox baseball and kept referring to Nomar as Nomahh?! Classic :-)

Mel, New England Aquarium rules!!! Tell us when you're going and we'll meet you guys! We'll have a Re-Blog-union

melissa said...

Well,unless we move back up north, I don't see us going to Boston in the near future...

Steph-I wouldn't have been so clever-kudos!

Karen said...

Go Steph, you REBEL!!! I actually did this for the past two years but since I'm riding up to NH for the weekend I figured I'd be rule girl and get mine (I'm also August!) But I'm with you all the way, baby!

Karen said...

It's wicked cool to be in Bawston!

Stephie Says..... said...

N=I hope I do not get pulled ovah!I will go bright and early.
Mel/Drew=Please come to Bawston in the springtime I would LOVE to meet at the NEA that was a great place for dates when you grow up in BAWSTON/Also I do memba the SNL skit....lol We go to Rockport every summer for a day trip. The boys now say it is boaring. It is so funny to hear Quincy Market..We call it Fanual Hall..(sp)
K=I would nevah do that if I was to cross state bordahs eithah!Have fun in the BIG NH!

Drew said...

Nancy and I went to Fenway a few years back...what a fantastic park! I only wish that I could've been there back in '86 to see Wade Boggs and Roger Clemmons cry.

sigh...

hehe ;-)

I'm baaaad.

Hey Mel...does PeteMoss read these? Me and Pete used to travel up to Boston all the time. We worked in Meford...or as the locals called it..."Medfed". We stayed in Copley Square once too. That was really nice although I remember seeing on TV that those September 11, 2001 A-holes stayed at the same hotel before their evil manifested itself. Ugh!

Dawn said...

Hi Stephie,

I have done that one for a few years as well. One day shouldn't be that much of a big deal and if you do happen to get pulled over, it's soon enough that you can say the line was too long and you were on the way to "xyz" or something.

I used to work at the automotive department at Sears and I was really surprised at the number of customers who came in for repairs and had NO IDEA that their sticker was 6 months over due... and I guess if you forget and see a troo-pah, you are not nervous about being caught. At any rate, I could never figure that out. I'm embarrassed to say, however, that's it's happened to me! And the funny thing is that even though I had gone months without even noticing cops, once I realized my stickah was ovah due, I then became paranoid until I could get to a station.

Good luck with it!

anonymous blogging woman..... said...

its a bummah when ya guttha wait in line at the gas station for ya stickah....

out here we don't need stickers!!! hehehehe...even though i still have a MA stickah on my car that has been expired for 2 years...i could scrape it off...but that would be like removing paaaahhhhht of my identity!

Stephie Says..... said...

I hear ya Jess...Ya gutta keep a lil Boston with YA!
The first station taday was a 20 min wait the next one right in and out...Glad I did it b/c comin home from work I saw 3 coppers waiting around (hiding) in traps...So yippie for the stickha....