Tuesday, August 15, 2006

We needed this rain!

I am not one to encourage the rain. I love when the sun is shining. I do think that todays rain is needed. The news said the month of August has only( . ).4" of rain, we are 1" behind our needed goal. I was told yesterday at this point I did not need anymore sun on my skin...lol (thanks Dana)......I guess going back to work after a weeek+ and darker than when I left they could see the change in color more than I can. One of my co-workers (Amy) asked if I changed races....So at that point I ask "am I THAT dark?"......SO thank the heavens for the rain today and try to stay busy without the sun. Hey it must mean I have lots of vit D in me at this point. Maybe that is why I am always so happy....I hear Vit. D makes you happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Sun has Vit D so GO SUN!!! Stay Dry!

8 comments:

Karen said...

I love a good rainy day (but only if we haven't had one in awhile)! I am actually getting some more hours in on my transcription job since the kids are both playing at their friend's house. So I'll have a fatter paycheck! In the words of Pooh Bear "tut tut, it looks like rain"!

Stephie Says..... said...

Karen ...Pooh bear just got to BABW......I do not like him as much as our other bears....He is really cute though..."OH BOTHER"

Drew said...

I'm sick of watering the garden every day. Gimme some rain...but not too much!

Stephie Says..... said...

Yes Drew I have refused to waste water on the grass and it is not a green as it could be but I would rather have H2O than a green grass..Maybe the heavens will open up dump out a nice amount then close for a while again...lol

Drew said...

Have you guys heard the Jack Johnson song: "Banana Pancakes"?

This post reminded me of it. Sweet song!

Stephie Says..... said...

never heard of it but it sounds cute.....

Drew said...

It's really great.
He's the same guy who did all the music for Curious George.
It helps having an 18 yr. old daughter. She gets me into more current music.

Stephie Says..... said...

Oh now I know who u mean "Udside down" the song from the Monkey Movie....I LOVE THAT SONG and video....I also get some of the music help from Stephen(13) I am so surprized he likes some classic stuff too.....