Thursday, August 10, 2006

We just had to stay another night.......

It is so nice to see and be in your own home again after being away. I must say when we were packing up the truck this afternoon I was a bit sad to leave. Sand and all I had an AWESOME time as well as the boys and Michael. Every time we did an activity we got lots of thank yous from both of them. I tell you they were proud I did this with no complaints except for BUGS....I was eaten alive. I think th emore olive your skin the more attracted they are to you. You had to see the first night we were there right before sunset we went down to the rolling brook of freash water, it was full of clean clear crisp water flowing so fast you just wanted to glide down the stream with it. I did not get to go ALL the way down b/c I had three males that were very concerned with moms balence on the 90* steep decent. (I do understand where they are coming from b/c I just fell on our house steps 5 inches from the floor.....lol ........with 7 doz of eggs in my hands mind you /one doz gone but that was all......I was bringing them down the steps to give to a freind who was helping me make 30 doz of egg salad for the food shelter from our chuch group...) I was sitting on the lowest level I was going to be and swinging at the "siqutos' (Ry used to call them that when he was a tot). There had to have been 3 other moms there waiting like I was for the MEN. They were not in any anquish like I was. I think I was the olny one being bambuzzeled by them. One lady did state the bugs were bad this season. Well then why arn't you swatting like a maniac like I am? Well I am sure they were near her but she does not react like I do. At one point I get up and find a less steep way to get all the way down .....trying to attempt it I slide about 5-10 feet on my well cussioned bottom and have heart palpitations thinking I am not stoping till I get in the water.....I grab a branch and call it a night and head back to the spot that they said to stay put at.......I tried..........Other than that I have not one complaint...I am so glad that yes there was tv and local stations came in ..I have to keep up with news and Big Brother All Stars.........Oh and GO BLUE! that is Josh Blue from Last Comic Standing.......He was the winner.....yeah.................So here I am trying to "catch up" with the computer stuff. (there was a library really close to where we were and I was sooo tempted to send the boys on a hike and head on over to the computer at the libray, then I said would a library in the boonies of NH have a computer with internet service lol lol ya think I was in the middle of nowhere) You know you are in the middle of nowhere when you turn off the main road and the first house you see is 4 miles from the main road. So I am back and ready to wash all the sand and junk away and do lots of laundry.....off to the laundry room...I shall take a book it is gonna be awhile lol lol lol Miss yeah all........glad to be back "on line"

4 comments:

Norma said...

Welcome back, Stephie. Missed ya! : )

Karen said...

Stephie!!! We missed you!!! So glad you had a great time on vaca..the bugs are awful in NH, I agree with you.. i swear they are twice as big as here! I'm so happy that they decided to spray here so maybe no mosquitos for me at football season!

You made me laugh out loud with the egg story! You really are too good.. all you do AND you are making mounds of potato salad!

Glad to have you back!

Stephie Says..... said...

It is great to be back in our own BED,,,,You really do miss your own bed when you are away. I really did not dream for the 3 nights we were gone. Last night was the first night I dreamt since Sunday. Weird huh?

Stephie Says..... said...

Karen a little advice Open the windows when mixing all the eggs P U it smelt like a big hugh Fart went off in the kitchen....lol lol