Thursday, August 03, 2006

I HATE BUGS!

I am sure I am not the only one who hates bugs. I know there are people out there who dislike the idea of a bug in the house or around ect. but I totaly freak out when I am near bugs. Ever since I was little I make a spectical of myself when a bee or hornet fly even within 20 feet of me. I was at the ball field for our sons first t-ball practice way back when and my husband was the coach and I "helped" hahahhaha, so a bee flew right at me and I was a bablin' freak show. I swear the boys and my husband were like we do not know her I made it clear to the people we did not know I am not a psyco I just have a fear of bugs. I really get so anxious around bugs I almost hyperventelate. I know we are 700% bigger than the bug but I still think it has so much power over me. I am a perfect case study for hypno-theropy of getting rid of a bug phobia. I wish there were somthing out there for this. I will run and wave my arms around with a fear so fierce that just last week I lost my voice from all the screaming I did in front of my uncle and sons freind. Yes I did! you are saying right now, come on it is not that bad well I say to you it IS! you can ask Normie about it....lol .......Just when you think you are save in your home with no fear of the insect world BHAM! A hugh crawly thing atleast 2 inches long is on the floor scramblin to run under the ottaman. AHHHHHHH screams of fear and the brave boy Stephen is picks up his book and WHAM! BIG BAD BUG IS DEAD.....so I hope........we run to get a papertowel and have him scoop it up and it starts to wiggle.....AHHHHHHH more loud shreaks from me and WHAM the thing is now dead.........as he puts it in the trash I tie up the bag, half full mind you I will not take any chances and put it in the garage to not haunt me all night in the house. Even as I sit here to tell of this BUGGY TALE....I have to look over my shoulder towards the stairs that lead down to the garage and wonder what else is creeping and crawling around in this summer heat? I hope I can sleep and pray for a bug free world. We all know that is the most stupid thing to pray for but with a fear as big as a mountain full of bugs I have to put my mind at ease some how......SO have a great bug free eve......... ; )

5 comments:

Norma said...

Oh, yeah, I could tell you some stories about Stephie freaking out if the most harmless bumblebee buzzed by...but I hate bugs and totally SKEEEEVE them too, even if I don't make a big @$$ of myself, screaming and flailing when I see one. I just get Jim to kill it. Once, when he was at work and V was a baby, I went to give her a bath and there was a nasty daddy longlegs in our tub. I actually called our neighbor across the street to come and kill it for me! Because eeeeeewwwww, what if you could feel it squirming under the paper towel? But here's a tip: another time when a DL was in the tub, I poured shampoo all over it, and that killed it! Then I just washed that MF down the drain. HA! Teach you to come near me, stupid daddy longlegs!

Drew said...

So I guess you really don't like the movie: "Men In Black"? Remember that scene when the bugs come out of the aliens mouth? Gross...and I don't even mind bugs normally!.

Even better: Have you ever seen one of those PBS documentary that show human skin really close up? We have bugs all over us...eating our skin as it dies.

Oh man...I hope this doen't freak you out!

Norma said...

OH, thanks, Drew! I'm sure Stephie feels MUCH better now! I know I do...or, I will, as soon as I stop itching! Eeeewwww! ; )

Stephie Says..... said...

OH dear now I will scrub with loaffa till my skin bleeds so no bugs munch on it.....ewwwwww!!!!

Stephie Says..... said...

Not to mention 2 hornets were flying near me at the park today.....I tried my best to stay calm it was not easy.......