Friday, August 25, 2006

Golf ends and Hockey begins.....

Saturday is the last golf clinic for the boys. I have liked our Saturday morning out early in the summer air, to go bright and early and start the day with some fresh air. After tom. there will be no more early golf outings but very,VERY early hockey practices. They say ice hockey is not for everyone. The 430 am car rides to a cold rink 1 hour away is not some peoples idea of fun. I must say though that the day does not fly by when started at 400am. That is the plus about getting out of bed before the birds. The funny thing is when we get home around 930am the boys are asking for LUNCH.....lol Yes lunch.....I respond to LUNCH! IT IS 930am......but if you look at it 5 hours after you wake up is almost lunch time........SO I start cooking dinner at 100pm on a Saturday b/c it is like having lots of time on my hands. I look forward to preparing my many meals on one day freezing them and pulling it out to cook for a night that is crazy and to busy to cook. It beats take out b/c it is less expensive and better than fast food junk. I have done this only two times this summer b/c it is better to do it in the fall and winter and we are not pressd for time like during the school season. So you all know in two weeks I will be having me Sept. fall cook off....lol Two days of cooking morning noon and night ...........I do look forward to it because a GOOD WIFE always has dinner waiting for her man when he gets home form work.....lol .............well in the 1950's she did ....wink wink .........

4 comments:

melissa said...

Well, I want to come for dinner on Saturdays-haha!
We are doing Fall Ball (baseball) this fall. Also Karate for the other boy I wish mine were on the same sport at the same time-easier w/ practice,games,etc (like yours)
Sounds like a good way to start the school year and I'm sure all your men in the house enjoy all those homecooked meals!

anonymous blogging woman..... said...

hey steph,

i played ice-hockey too, and we had practice before school at 5 am! so i'd get up @ 3:45....i'd definitely have eaten my lunch by 9!

Anonymous said...

Remember your friends at BABW when you make all that food!! We love leftovers. :O)

Karen said...

You should post some of your recipes for easy freeze dinners for the gastronomically challenged like myself! Because I want to be a GOOD WIFE too!