Monday, July 31, 2006

Opps there goes another rubber tree plant!

A green thumb I have not..........I am a KILLER of plants. I do not do this on purpose but I seem to have a hugh problem with keeping plants alive. Two plus years ago when my mother passed away the people that I worked with at the school sent us a really healthy beautiful plant, as a matter of fact two plants were sent one from the school and one from the bus company. well thank Heavens they are both alive and thriving amazing enough. I counted four pots on the back steps of plants that have lost their spunk due to my lack of a green thumb. I try! I do. I do not think plants like me. I also have a hugh "rubbertree" plant in the corner of where the computer is. It has its good days and its bad days. It is by the slider to the back and it gets a nice amount of light. We have special food for it every month. We rotate it and still some days it looks so blah!
I guess I should stick to the gift of cooking and baking and leave the green thumbing to Normie...;)

4 comments:

Karen said...

I always think of Laverne and Shirley when I hear that song! I am a killer of plants too! I don't know why... Bill has some in his office that grow beautifully and the minute he brings them home, I kill them! I wish I didn't because they are good for your house and the air.. so keep on tryin! Whoops, there goes another rubber tree, whoops there goes another rubber tree plant!

anonymous blogging woman..... said...

I kill plants too...we don't even bother with new ones anymore because they turn brown and wither away. a VERY easy plant to care for is Bamboo, I've had the same bamboo plant for a year now and it actually grows without much care, water it every week and you're good. I also have a palm tree that gets by, but Kenny swears its dead, Palm trees are pretty resiliant here...but probably not in MA come to think of it!

Stephie Says..... said...

AJB funny that I did kill a Bamboo once.....My MIL brought it from FL and it lasted a month. I since get one as a present from one of the kids from school last summer and it is still alive and well...Yippie for me......

Stephie Says..... said...

I mean ABW!!! Opps