Friday, September 15, 2006

A walk down memory lane.......

It is funny when you have a friend of the boys in the car and you listen to the conversation (pretending not to really listen but kepping track word for word) the things that 13 year old BOYS talk about. I recall when I was a 13 year old GIRL our chats were about the cute boys and things like that. Well boys do not hit the "girl crazies" as soon as the girls hit the "boy crazies" so I am not hearing any chit chat of the girls in eight grade. I am hearing of whos bike has hugh wheels, or whos roller blades has really fast spinning wheels, or who gets to ride 5 or 6 miles from their house to a busy area of town. It is funny what they talk about. Todays 35 to 40 min car ride to hockey practice was directed to me to recall funny events when the boys were little. This came from my sons friend (mentioned in a post from the summer) who is with us alot and has gotten to know not just the cordial funny Stephens mom but the also she can yell when she is streesed and be supper goofy when it is time ect....the good the bad the ugly...We all know that only certain friends we have grown up with get the entire package when they are always with that certain adopted family...you get the picture.....SO I basicly told them of the POT story from yet another previous post......I pointed out and made a hugh deal of just HOW BAD that was of "Eddie the tenant" to do that stuff but the boys found it to be super funny that I had the notion that it was Spanish Food smell and not Weed smell......So Stephens friend who has parents 18 years my senior said "You weren't a HIPPIE back in the 70's like most parents were?Pot was done often back then" ////AHHHHHHH NOOOOOOO KID b/c I was JUST BORN !!!!!!!!! lol lol lol How can you be a HIPPIE in a crib babling goo goo gah gah!!!! I was like how old do you think I AM !!!!!
I did say it in the most funny of ways........ I just tought it was maddening that a 13 year old has the notion that ALL parents were HIPPIES.......SO with that topic open they mentioned the "air heads" .....I guess a name given to students at the JR/High School that are suspected of being POT smokers.......OK so as I almost drove of the edge of 495 and into a gardrail I was like HUH? SO you mean to tell me you know of 8th graders with a cloud of suspiction that they "do pot"////I am like aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh! The best part of the story is one of the students they mentioned ( I know him as a trouble maker so no doubt there) is the gym teachers son. OK! His mom and dad are both PE teachers at all the schools in out TRI_TOWN School district......Yeah thats really health concious of the gym teachers son.....SO don't forget always open the door of communication so the "POT" talk is not left a secret and your 24 year old thinks it is SMELLY SPANISH FOOD>>>>>>If you know what I mean ........

6 comments:

Karen said...

Steph.. you walked to nowhere.. lol!!

Stephie Says..... said...

Karen
You have me cracking up........
I pressed enter before posting..I had to edit it...Here it is....lol lol lol

Norma said...

You get stressed and yell? Hmmm, maybe I don't know you as well as I thought. And goo goo gaa gaa wasn't ALL you said back in the early '70s, was it? ; ) Hey, my bro and I had some enchiladas for lunch yesterday...

Karen said...

Funny, about the whole "pot" thing. I went to pick up Billy and friends from the dance Friday night and there were two older girls outside who completely REEKED of pot. I happened to tell the kids on the way home while asking if anyone was in trouble at the dance or anything like that.. and they wanted to know how I knew what it smelled like.. hmmmmm.. kids are pretty quick.. but I was disgusted by these 2 girls, especially since I didn't know if they were there to pick up some kids.

I love how you just pretend you aren't listening and then you get the goods... I do the same thing!

p.s. Billy had his first slow dance with a girl. Not sure how I feel about it. The cutest part was that when he asked her, she said she didn't know if her mother would like her to slow dance.. I think I like this girl already!

Stephie Says..... said...

Yes Normie...I talk loud as it is and I say"come on guys you are givin me an anurism" Then they tell me to take a chill pill and Ry gets a little nervous and says "I am sorry if your head is going to get big with blood" SO then I calm down and say "It is fine ......That is a play by play...lol
That is very extream RIGHT! lol lol
Karen ...I too like "that kind of girl"......I got to see at the sixth grade dance when S danced with a girl named Kate...I wanted it to be Megan but I cannot MAKE my son like a girl just b/c I do ...lol lol

Stephie Says..... said...

Norma ............I get it get it!
ohhhhhhhhhhh D'OH