Sunday, September 17, 2006

Our annual summer trip to Quincy Market in Boston

Well it felt like summer and we did not quite make it before Labor Day but what a time today. The weather was just awesome. I wish we could have days like this until Late November early December. We ate at the most fun place ever, Dicks Last Resort. The wait staff is over the top and the atmospher is crazy. They have the best food rated Photom Greatness from the show. We were also sent to Bearded Papas ( the best creampuff in the WORLD) I will tell you we were "sharing" two between the 4 of us...Well yeah after the two were gone we then HAD to get two more to share.....We should of just got 4 one for each...OH Well sharing is caring!!!! I of course had to make my way to the NEW Build a bear with a FRIENDS 2 B Made area......I know I spend my weekdays there all the time but this store was the best. They has so much more thatn we do and I wish we could have a friends 2 b made section in our store......I would be all over that........The boys waited outside with Michael but after being in the store "way too long" I got them in the door to find me. Hey I wait a long time at the GOLF stores so they can wait at the BABW! We saw atleast 4 street perfomers and they were a hoot........Funny how I always feel abliged to give a few dollars and Michael is like ahhh no.......Hey they entertained us a bit might as well....I do not like how you can not get into the main buildings while they are performing b/c the crowd blocks the doors.......I was very wigged out by the crowds there were so many people there today, I am sure the nice weather was alot of the reason. I love to people watch while the boys go in the stores I am not fond of like the Discovery Store. Thet spend a good 40 mins looking at all the stuff in there while I PEOPLE WATCH> I must say what a diverse world we live in ...I guess I have to leave my small town to see this more often. lol I rather just be in a small town ..I am no longer a CITY CHICK...I am a country girl.......and proud to proclaim it....
So that was the day........I am so glad we made the trip, it is a yearly tradition that I do not like to break...Our next yearly outings will be Appple/pumkin picking in NH and the Oldest Fair in America TOPSFIELD FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice small town happenings no big city freakyness,.......hehehehe Have a great night....Bear Huggin' and Lovin'

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Sounds like the perfect day, wish I was there! Did you see the Green Monster at BABW?

Great post, now we just need some pictures.

Have a great day!

Drew said...

I get freaked out by large crowds now-adays too, Stephie. The weird thing is, for years I rode the NYC subways and some days...lotsa days actually, you were packed in there like sardines. Seriously, there were so many people you couldn't even raise your arms to scratch your nose. Now, whenever I travel to the city, I look around for an escape route. Like, if something happened...where would I go? Needless to say, I'm now a country guy trapped in NY!!!Ugh.

Stephie Says..... said...

Dawn....We have Wally in our back room signed by him at the grandopening....I said a bad thing yesterday at BABW to my old MGR..I said I did not like Wally...WELL THE POOP HIT THE FAN>>>>lol ...
I do need to get somekind of camara don't I?
===================================
Drew...I hear ya...no place to go is what freaks me out in planes and trains I think..and out of my control...I do not like to be to close to a stranger either....

melissa said...

could you smell FALL in the air???

Oh, I'm soo jealous

Stephie Says..... said...

Not tonight......It is sooo hot here tonight I wish we could put on the central a/c but it is off for the season....Ugh.....to the electric bill lol .......

Karen said...

That sounds like a great day! I haven't been in there in ages and I'm a people watcher too.. and there are lots of strange people to watch in Boston.

Looking forward to apple picking too! my favorite!