Saturday, September 23, 2006

A Gray Day...........

We have needed a little rain to get the water levels up so it is not all that bad that it is so gray and glum today. I wish I had it in me to stay under the covers and be a veggie master this morn, but I just don't feel it is productive. I did stay in bed a little later thatn usual but get a guilty feeling when I do that. The more I type the faster and harder the rain comes down and the Chestnut Beauty on the hill next door is running in a circle and seems a bit confused. His overcoat and hair I am sure keeps him dry but I don't know maybe he should be in his stable? I can not make that call because I don't know the first thing about horse care so maybe I am out of line. So as I look out the slider and enjoy the sight of falling rain and a horse running amuck around in the mud.Enjoy your wet day and take the rain in stride.

5 comments:

Stephie Says..... said...

SO I may have been productive today ...BUT 2 people I live WITH have been the most UNproductive people I know today.....Since 8am this morn the ever so BOARING/Stupid Ryder Cup (golf) has been on and Ryan and Michael have been glued to the TV...I just got in and SHOUTED>>>>GET DRESSED or something.....Yes Gt DRESSED...It is 324pm and I left them at 12:08 after giving them lunch and cleaning the house and laundry. Oh and baked 2 batches of brownies for the hockey game tonight. & hours of watching a BOARING golf game......UGH ,,,,UGH UGH ......Church is at 500 and they are just getting cleaned up now.....Stephen slept at a friends and will be back at 400...I am sure he did not watch the SAME thing for 6 hours...AND IT IS STILL ON>>>>>>>>What the heck with this golf........

Drew said...

Hey..they gotta rest up for Hockey! (I watched the Ryder too)

Steph, do you actually live next to stables? That's awesome.

Stephie Says..... said...

We have a 2 stable dwelling up the hill next to us and the horse has a nice enclosure to run and I watch from our kitchen slider...My boys get the Benouculars...I do not know how to spell that..lol and watch him close up...These are the same Yellow Hummer people that asked us why OUR turkeys are walking in their yard....AHHHH they are wild and I can not control where wild turkeys walk ...lol lol I wanted to say "do I look like I have it in me to raise turkeys".....

Karen said...

I loved this post.. it made me feel calm! Thanks Steph!

Stephie Says..... said...

Glad to make you feel calm...I hope all is well or as well as could be...You and your family are in our prayers........xo