Wednesday, September 20, 2006

It's ONLY Wednesday!

I am all for the saying "stop to smell the tulips". (thats my version)I like when time is an option and rushing is not needed, but come on. This week is as slow as can be. It is only hump day! I feel like it should be at least Friday or even Saturday. I think maybe because we have had very few people at the workshop. Cleaning takes up time but not that much. I feel the linger at home also. Homework has been taking forever on Ryans end. Boy do 5th graders get tons of homework or what. Stephens seems just as long as it always been and he is more independant than his brother. With youth group last night, Lego Robotics and four hokeys to go till Sunday I think this week may never come to an end. Please don't take this as a compliant, I am just stating the facts. It has been summer like the past 4 days and that may contribute to the time feeling like we are on slow motion. When it is nice and warm the days are longer and you get more done before the sun goes down. In the winter when the sun leaves before 5 pm that makes for a short day. I really really am not looking forward to that. I am sure alot of you are not too. SO I guess I will take this slow week in stride and be thankful that the time is not flying because the days will get shorter and so will my smile once we see a dark dinner sky.........Enjoy your day and hope "you stop to smell the tulips"........................

7 comments:

melissa said...

Now that I have to pick up a kid from school, my days are flying by.
We have a fall-like day today! Dry and 70's-hope you get that too.

anonymous blogging woman..... said...

this week is the slowest week ever for me too.....when is saturday?!!!

Drew said...

My week was going slow too...until today that is. My friend from PA. just emailed me and we are playing hooky from work and playing golf on Friday. WooHoo!

Stephie Says..... said...

The truant officer from your job is getting the heads up and you'll be sorry,,,,,,,,lol lol

Karen said...

Now that its finally Thursday, I feel better about this week..I agree about the hotter weather.. makes you lazy but no time to beach it!

Funny about the boys and homework.. Matt has alot too and his brother is also more independent..I'm wondering sometimes how the heck Matt will make it once he gets to middle school because they have to be so organized.. maybe time to stop babying the baby? Say it ain't so!

Stephie Says..... said...

It Ain't So!

Drew said...

I cannot tell you guys how thankful I am that the bulk of the homework is done by the time I get home!