Monday, September 25, 2006

Lots to see..

Yesterday we headed over to an office park(HOW FUN lol) to view a local airports runway. The small Beverly airport was too crowded to get an up close look so we got word from friends that a lot to the east was full of on lookers like ourselves. It was a great view and the boys and Michael were very impressed. Oh, did I mention they were using the new binoculars to see WWI and II fighter planes. They were doing an airshow for the day despite the strong winds. The HOOD blimp had to be grounded because of the wind. It was a sight to see. A nice older couple told us a story of his time in WWII and they were so sweet. She suggested a "ride" on a newer plane. I could tell she was joking because the cost per person was $250. OH MY .....you had to see the lines at the airport to take the short in a circle ride.People must have money to burn. First off don't have that kind of money, second I don't care if it were free.....the less I have to be airborn the better. I am not the happy fly for no reason type. Heck I am not the fly for a reason type. If it were up to me car trips would be my mode of travel to Florida all the time. Our trip ended with a yummy treat from a farm near the lot. We live one mile from a wonderful homemade farm icecream stand but enjoy this one better. I guess when you can get the cream near by it is worth the trip for a differnt type of cream. Have a nice day and get your head out of the clouds...

8 comments:

Karen said...

You are so funny! I wouldn't pay it either and have no desire to be in the air unless flying for pleasure somewhere. My older brother DID pay and took my younger brother with him.. he loves war stuff and even has renovated an old army jeep which he drives in 4th of July parades.. its pretty cool...My FIL would LOVE a ride in one of those planes. Hey, different strokes righT!

Drew said...

That's pretty cool, Steph.
Sometimes we go to a small airport nearby and do the same thing. Watch the comings and goings of airplanes. Pete (mels hubby) and his kids and me and mine go. You can't get anywhere near the 2 larger airports nearby (Kennedy and LaGuardia) and the smaller one is easier to get to. We love airshows, and even if we don't go to see it at the beach, the planes go right over our house. Good stuff.

Drew said...

Stephie...check out this link about the Hood Blimp. It crashed today!

Stephie Says..... said...

Drew I know.....I was driving to p/u at school and it crashed about 7 miles from the mall.......It had just flown over the mall b/c the skylight near BABW gets dark for a moment...so we run to the front and look b/c we think it is clouds...So we joked about if that thing ever deflated how weird that would be...SO as I am driving Mix 98.5 made an anouncement so I called back work and they were stunned....SO on the cell w/ another mom who works in that town and she is on her way but stuck in major traffic....Machester by the Sea has only one way in and one way out..so she was stuck for sometime b/c copters and e-vehicles were all over the place...SO weird,,,,,huh????

melissa said...

Hey,Steph,
Do you guys call the icecream place the "creamie" We heard that expression in ma, and now my kids use it. Too bad our southern friends are like"huh?"

Karen said...

I never heard the "creamie" phrase.. although I like it. But we do call the liquor stores "packies"! I guess because they are package stores? I have no idea! Steph???

melissa said...

Packies?
I like that one!

Stephie Says..... said...

We have been callin it Creamie for years b/c Ryan could never say the whole word ICE CREAM when he was first starting to talk....or cream cream, but Creamie just stuck here,,we got the whole family to say it now lol