Friday, March 02, 2007

Just when you tought you had your Saturday planned.......THEN!....

We had the entire day planned for Saturday. Ryan needs Lacrosse gear for his first practice on Tuesday, a small list for the grocery store,the transfer station AKA DUMP, outdoor skate park,(hear it is gonna be warm), Church, pot luck after Mass, then hockey practice. Well now we have to throw a bunch more places into the mix. Police Station, Claims Adjustor and maybe rental car place, and last the body shop. When I was making dinner the phone rang and I answered knowing it was Michael with a helllllooooo (Mrs. Doubtfire):sometimes he gives a small chuckle. Not this time, he sounded really shocken up and very serious. I could tell someting was wrong. He started with "I am going to be late"......Ok you let your staff out a half hour early and now it is a half hour after you would normally get out(I would expect that from him) so now how much more late b/c ????? He said I am fine don't worry. Yeah I did not like the way he said that. WHY! What is the matter. "I got hit on the side of the truck and spun around in a circle and I am facing the wrong way on the street and waiting for the police to come. Now I am in panic mode...Is anyone hurt ect......It was not icy just rainy. So why did he spin? Well the 17 year old kid driving his dads pick up totaly tought it was fine to blow the STOP sign and drive onto the main road. I was glad he and Michael were not hurt. The dads truck needed a tow and Michael was able to drive away the back of his truck is in need of repair. Michael said the other truck is a total mess. The boy could not find the registration and the parents came to get him. Michael said the mom was nice and asked him if he was ok and the dad was really angry at his son. Michael is his 22 years of driving has only been in one fendah bendah with an really old man who hit him from behind and was not surpose to be driving. Never in an uncontrolable spin ect. I could tell he was shooken up a little and he won't go for X ryas despite the last fendah bendah thing about 13 years ago had him at a chiropractor for months. He stopped running at that point and has not been able to jog since. He waold go in the mornings and love it after dinner on a Sunday afternoon but his HS days of Track are long gone as he tells the boys.......I am so glad he nor the boy are hurt but come on ........IT SAID STOP! That means STOP look THEN pull out. I think some new drivers don't consider why signs are put on the road. I hope this boy learns that he really has to pay attention from now on. Vehicles can be fixed but some injuries can not so I am thankful that there were none. The boy told the police he was in a daze and just forgot to STOP! He admitted he was in the wrong which he was and will learn from now on we hope to STOP at ALL STOP signs. I pray my sons will use good judgement when they get behind the wheel. I don't look forward to that day b/c of the nervous ninny thing I have going on. Saturday brings a long to-do list of unexpected little tasks......

6 comments:

Drew said...

The best lad plans of mice and men, often go awry.
-Robert Burns

Thank God Michael and the kid are okay. That's the important thing.

Did you guys read about that baseball team. Those poor kids and their families.

Anonymous said...

Thank Heaven Michael and that boy were not hurt! What an awful fright though. My husband was rear-ended a few years back and even though he thought he was ok, he ended up quite hurt and just couldn't tell and he's as stubborn as they come about medical care. My advice to you both is to get Michael checked out. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.
And teens wonder why gov't wants to raise the driving age!!

~Paige

Norma said...

I hate teen drivers. Ditto Paige...take it from ER Norma...add, "go to the hospital for some xrays" to that list...always helps with your insurance settlement!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the kinds well wishes.....
That bus accident was so sad....I hate bad weather. Causes so many problems...
Yes x rays should be taken...Stubborn Men......Stephie

Karen said...

Poor Michael. So glad he is ok.. Accidents do shake you up and I hope he's not feeling pain today.

I don't know kids have the need to drive so fast.. I'm glad the boy is alright, but I hope that he gets penalized for this one.

anonymous blogging woman..... said...

wow....hoping their not starting to feel sore today. and its not too late to head to the doctors either. my grandmother was in a fendah bendah and ended up not going to the hospital that day, but i made her go the next day and she was in horrible pain for about a year afterwards and did over 6 months of physical therapy. just make sure they're BOTH checked out. take it from someone who has worked for several chiropractors.