Thursday, March 08, 2007

Off to the tourny.....

We are heading south in the afternoon tommorow.Kids will be leaving school at 12:45 despite my plea with Michael for them to miss school. It is a Raf thing. So far this year they have not missed school and got dismissed once for teeth. Down to the Cape...we go........if you call Falmouth the Cape.....I think the cape starts at the bridges Sagamore and Bourne.......Stephens hockey team is in a four team tourny vs. Marthas Vinyard players. I am ironing, packing and getting stuff done. I think it takes so much effort to get yourself and the family out for a weekend. The boys wear dress shirts, pants and a tie to every game so that is the worst part of this packing. What can ya do! I will be away from the comp for the weekend. I guess M can take his laptop from work but Nah......We can live without it and I am not really surpose to be "playing" on it, so he says.........I am hosting the team dinner on Saturday afternoon at the function room of the hotel. I guess the Team Manager has to take charge lol......I wanted to cook a great meal here for 13 familes but Michael tought the take out option was a better idea. I see his point. I hear it is going to be in the 50's Saturday and Sunday. Looking forward to the time change also. I will check back in after the weekend. Have a good one all and happy nice weather to all of you...........


We will We are back from Falmouth........Awesome weather!
REALLY AWESOME TOUNRY! We won all 5 games .....Our goalie had 4 shutout games! WOW! We came in 1st place and WON ALL THE GAMES! ALL! They played so weel and so strong. We had one player get thrown out b/c his emotions got the best of him. It is only a game we tell them. He headed home early with his dad even though he was welcome to stay on the bench during the games. The team lunch was awesome, as always being an Italian I over bought but I would rather have leftovers than short food. The first night we did not follow the crowd. We went to eat at a takeout place, thank heavens. The bill was outragous. One mom and her son had to contribute $60.00 for the two of them. This place for pasta was outragous. They wanted $13.00 for ziti and meatballs...I could of fed the team for that lol lol lol ..........SO glad we did not go. Another family also did not go and we were the envy of the wallets after...lol ..........One guy had to borrow $100. for his family of four b/c all he on him was $50.00.....Yes he paid @ $150. for a family of 4 to eat that night...Yeah my veggie and egg pocket, yummy I might add was a mear $5.50. At 8:30 pm who wants to eat a hugh meal? not us.......So Stephen is on cloud 9 and very tired from all his skating and swimming. We have a late regular game tonight and I am trying to get coach to resschd. it for another time. They are all hockeyed out...........

5 comments:

Karen said...

Have a great time! Good luck to the boys (they will be handsome in shirts and ties) and have a wonderful take out dinner! Smart thinking Michael :)

Drew said...

Gotta go takeout! Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

They are on fire...We just had the Sunday Night late gamw...50% of the team not there for the game, they had double shifts.....We still beat the first place team 5-2.......OH MY .....We are on fire..
I think it is the adrenalin....Stephie

Karen said...

Whoops, I didn't see this before. Sounds like a lot of fun.. and good for you guys for "not following the crowd" That is such a waste of money! Your sandwich sounded better! Glad you got to go home and rest!

Karen said...

Whoops, I didn't see this before. Sounds like a lot of fun.. and good for you guys for "not following the crowd" That is such a waste of money! Your sandwich sounded better! Glad you got to go home and rest!