Saturday, March 24, 2007

Fudge Frenzie Update.........

Back from the fair......with 3 packs left. well maybe 7, I gave 4 away to my neighbor who ran the fair. She did not charge me for half of her table so that was the least I could do, barter....lol The foot traffic was scarce but of course the other crafters bought their share as well as some kids with their parents. A women came back because her mother who was in the car wanted fudge and she got a good amount. I put my e-mail on cards if they had orders for a pound or more. Lets see how that goes. Then this nice crafter says "put out some samples and you may get more takers"...Now why did't I think of that ...DUR! Really I am so good with those kinds of things and it totally slipped my head. Wouldn't you know after a try people did not pass it up. Good Thinkin lady, thanks...........I may a pact that I was not going to spend money and I did a good job not. I spent $3.00 on soup to take home and $3.00 on soup for me to eat for lunch, it was good and I know I can make it just as good maybe better,,,,lol.........But hey the work was done for me, I liked that.............I got some cute packing ideas from a lady who sold covered strawberries. I need to go to Michaels Crafts and get these boxes to make it look that much more appealing. It was nice to get ideas from others and I hope to do this in the future. Even the President of PTO was like that would be a wonderful fundraiser. Once again the cards are out there lets keep our fingers crossed and see if the orders stream in. My right arm needs a rest for a while but I ma making a batch tonight for a party tom. so here we go again.....Off to the Fudge Factory.....................I can smell it now........

5 comments:

Drew said...

Go Stephie!
I've been getting more photo-jobs lately. I hand out cards too. It starts slow but it's starting to pick up. I'm hoping to get some communion jobs.

Anonymous said...

That's great Stephie! I'm glad things went well for you and I hope business starts picking up for you soon :-)

~Paige

Karen said...

Good luck Stephanie.. who doesn't love fudge! Imagine your orders over holidays? What kinds of fudge do you make. My mother in law loves vanilla fudge but can rarely find it...

anonymous blogging woman..... said...

okay, i'm having another chocolate craving now!!!!!! and i'm all out of valentines candy.......i'm so getting some fudge next time i go out....

Dawn said...

Sounds like a fun way to make some extra cash! I hope the orders will keep on coming. If you send me some samples, I could be persuaded to be your best salesperson! LOL! Good luck!