Monday, February 12, 2007

Mall Walkers ...A breed in of itself.....

I am sure you have all heard of "mall walkers". they wake up bright and early to walk the mall when it closed to not have to brave the elements. On a Thursday morn @ 5:30am is when I get to the mall parking lot. Not a soul in site and spaces upspaces to choose from, I love it! Once the sixthrity o r seven o'clock hour hits them BAM spaces are gone. All the ones up front because of the mall walkers. It is a site to watch. I have always loves to be a people watcher and I try to catch a glims every so often. You seem to see the same faces day after day. The funniest is this 40ish women who wears a tank and shorts no matter how cold it is and FLIES by about 5 times more than the ones who keep an even steady pace. She is about 6 feet tall and weighs maybe 80 lbs......maybe wet! Her limbs are so skinny that I think my thumb and pointer can fit around the tops of her arms. She once came in around Christmas time walking in cicles around the store over and over again. I asked if she needed help and she continues to walk fast and say she was getting ideas. I let her be b/c I was getting dizzy trying to keep up with her. Well then she did the same thing Friday but wanted me to explain the party policy to her, while racing around without slowing down/.......How not fun is that........I wanted to grab her and say STOP and listen for one minute. So she went on her way. This nice older man who takes care of his grandaughter also has his shorts on no matter what the weather and he brings a trike w/ a pole and takes her around many times. I see him there as early as 700am and still see him in the mall at noon. He shoul djust take residents in there and call it home. Funny how I never go to the mall except to work. I dislike mall shopping, always have. I like shopping centers and outdoor lots that take you to stores outside. I know sometimes malls seem conviennt but I don;t like 'em. Thank goodnes some people do like itb/c that gives me someting to d oat work all week,,,,,,lol.....
SO if your ever in the mood to Mall walk COME ON BY AND SAY HELLO I'm the one at the bear store.............They all know me...the one who smiles big and says goodmoring b/c I too am a morning person but I a, not at the mall to walk I am there to work.......LOL LOL LOL

2 comments:

Paige said...

Thanks for the memories Stephanie. I remember Mall Walkers from my days at South Shore Plaza. I'd get my coffee and bagel at the Beanery (?) and head over to the store I worked in and I swear that coffee cup had to be empty before I could even think of trying to ever keep up with those folks!

melissa said...

I'm w/ you about hating the mall!
The only reason I shop there is to get STARBUCKS
and if I have a gift card at a store there.
I never "walked" the mall
We called the kids that hang out there "mall rats"
haha