Wednesday, February 21, 2007

40 days and 40 nights.....Jesus fasted in the desert..

Today being Ash Wednesday it is the start of Lent as you may already know. The preperation of the death of Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. More important not just the death but the rising of Him on Easter Sunday. I love Christmas but have always felt so much love and greatfullness for the sacrafice God made to send His son to die, rise and save us from our sins. I feel Easter is a very important time in the Christian faith if not the most important time that explains why we live to someday see the salvation and grace that awaits us in the end. I hope the blessings of God and the Lenten season to sacrafice are with you to truly feel the love that we have from our Father.

Not only to "give up" something for Lent but to GIVE more of ourselves during this time......

3 comments:

melissa said...

Good post!
I feel like an idiot, b/c my son asked me what todays significance was, and I (not raised Catholic)did not know why Ash Wed. was important!
Anyway, I knew about Lent and all that just not today being the 1st day DUH-
Thank you for the lesson!
Funny story-in college, my prof. came in w/ ash on his forehead and all during class I was wondering if he "knew" he had gotten something on his head, and how should I tactfully tell him???????
(I didn't know about Ash wed)LOL

Anonymous said...

I just had the cashier in Walmart tonight tell me that I had a blotch of dirt in my head.....I said it was surpose to be there, beore I could say Ash Wed he said are you Muslum.....OH MY no not that ,,,,,,lol Stephie...Mind you the carriage guy had ashes and was at the Mass we were at. Did the cashier not notice that his co-worker had the same "blotch of dirt"?
Glad to give you the lesson Mel...

anonymous blogging woman..... said...

nice reminder of why we should be thankful stephie :) i didn't get my ashes because i forgot it was ash wednesday :(