Tuesday, February 13, 2007

It is like a storm is coming.....

LOL LOL LOL IT IS!.......
Today I think most people were out taking care of buisness. The bear shop was a hoppin'. Many non-regulars in need of lots of help, that's why we are there. So many clueless men getting valentines for their sweethearts. Hey one guy got a bear for his new wife, her last name was Sweet and his is Heart...so she is going by Katie Sweet-Heart....LOL LOL We all had a good laugh on that one. This one guy who knew he was all that and a bag of chips had the notition that he was the only person on the planet that needed help. I was as patient as can be and at one point I so wanted to scream at him and I kept my cool. Even Jenni the Ast. Mgr. said "I don't know how you stayed nice to him" ....She would of exploded at that point. I was thinking of the show on MTV Boiling Point., you win $100.00 of you don't loose it. A hidden camara is there and they do something to you to make you mad and you have no clue you are being taped and they give a time limit, if you don;t swear walk away of blow up then you get the hundred dollars. I was like is there a cmara b/c this is so sureal. There was another bizzare, differnt case today: Are you ready for this....3 bears going into a coffin of an Asian man all three bears had 2 sounds each and represented his children. Yup the oldest daughter came in to make them, she had an I LOVE YOU in one hand of the furry friend and a record a voice in the other. The voice was what ever animal that the child was when they were born...IE the year of the pig/rooster ect......It is a Chinnese Tradition to be buried with things ,,,,she told me the whole story and paid over $300.00 on the things and they are being buried....Who is pressing the sounds in the cofin? I havn't a clue but hey the sound sales/% went way up.........Kudos to her need to put them in the cofin......I did give my condolences but she said they are not allowed to say sorry for a death in their culture, she understood and said I did not know better.........I guess that is the most over the top story so far from the workshop I can say to this date.....I stocked up on some estentials and may have to brave the storm tom. for work, we will see just how bad it is. The car and soon to be Michaels truck will be at the bottom of the hill to avoid any problems getting out. I just hate not having them in the garage. He agrees it is good to keep them at the bottom but feels the garage would keep them nice and clear of snow...Well when you live on a hill you can't have your cake and eat it too.....We will see just how accurate Pete B is on Chnl 7 News and hope it is all a played up thing and it blows out to sea.......We will just wait and see.........

It did not go out to sea....It hit here about 2:30pm in full force, the sleet was as hard as golf balls. That is why there was no school I am thinking. The morning was fine but they must of made a good decision b/c the ride home would of been a slow one. Two times trying to keep up with the drivway being clear and $13.00 worth of icemelt........AHHHH WINTER BE GONE!

8 comments:

melissa said...

That is a whacky story about the burial bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What an interesting job you have !

Drew said...

That's weird wild stuff. I had a wild (life) day today too. Check extra innings.
Anyway: can you keep a secret? I got Nancy a monkey at BABW. It's the same one she got me for Christmas. Remember...with the Mets uniform? Anyway, I got the matching monkey, excpet hers is a cheerleader. Hope she likes her valentine gift!

Anonymous said...

Thats a cute gift for Nanc...AND what if she clicks on the Stephie Says before tom?????? DREW I can keep a secrete can U! lol lol
Stephie

Karen said...

What a greaty story about the Chinese.. very strange custom.. but hey.. different strokes, right!

Drew, Nancy will love that! Very sweet :)

anonymous blogging woman..... said...

I know from going to an asian massage school that chinese customs are totally bizarre...but not to them!

stephie, i hate that show boiling point...i make kenny turn it when he tries to watch it, its just so annoying! i get embarassed for the people and i can't deal!

drew....major brownie points for the monkey.....

Anonymous said...

Jess
I like to watch and see/say what I would do and I always seem to hold it in...I am so not for confrontation....Stephie

Anonymous said...

I made a monkey for this man today and he dressed it in the pretty pink checker sundress. Yeah it looked like a cross dressing monkey lol lol even with the free bows......

Unknown said...

Wow, that's really interesting about the bears!

I agree, winter winter go away! Don't come back another day!