Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Bitter Cold.....

So the cold saga continues.......Yesterday the boy I take to school comes out of his house with just a sweatshirt on......Hello Jordan ya think that is a little to light for this weather. I told him a coat would be a better choice and he said he really hates coats. OK I really hate them to but when it is -4 windchill I think a coat is NEEDED. His mother is not there to see him off, hence why I take him to school. I am sure she must lay one out before he goes to school but wearing it is another story. I hope to see a jacket today,,,,,,I hpe to see some relief from this bitter cold too...Stay Warm and keep thinking 3 mnths till April........3 long months.........

8 comments:

Drew said...

My son always wants to wear shorts..even in this weather!
We're tired of the fights every morning.
BRING BACK UNIFORMS!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Drew...I would LOVE public school uniforms...Like blue pants short/long sleve polo....We had a school com. member fight tooth and nail not to put it on the ballot b/c she said "they can not be individuals"////whatever.....so you have her goth son and slutty daughter gacing the halls of the school......

anonymous blogging woman..... said...

did the groundhog see its shadow the other day?

boys never want to wear coats! whats up with that?

Anonymous said...

YES P PHIL DID see his shadow and it means only 6 weeks of winter....yippie....S

Anonymous said...

Stephie,

At least daylight savings got moved up!

I know you hate the snow/cold, but at least you can look forward to a couple of extra months of daylight.

Anonymous said...

Oh I know I was stocked to hear that one......Love IT..I noticed on Tuesdays we go to youth grp and it used to be pitch dark at 600pm now it is almost dark not as dark as before....it is gettin better slowly but surly.....Stephie

Karen said...

I don't fight with them to wear a coat if it is over 50 (and they have on a hat and thick sweatshirt or football jacket) but anything under they don't even try to get out of the house. I found out this year that its "not cool" to wear a hoodie AND a jacket.. What on earth is wrong with me that I didn't know that?

Karen said...

p.s. I agree with the uniform thing. Especially these days with the clothes parents let kids out in. I wore a uniform for TWELVE years of my life and I still was an individual! The beauty of uniforms is that you get liked for who you are and not what you wear/have/how rich you are.. Not all parents can afford Abercrombie or Hollister or whatever they are wearing and that is why those kids choose to be "different" I think. they are picked on at school for one reason or another and decide to become "freaks". Its very sad.