Sunday, August 03, 2008

Soothing Waters





Just looking at a body of water can calm you down. The peaceful feeling takes away stress. I am looking into buying a "water element", a small table size battery operated type one. I saw one in the Christmas Tree Shop but did not really feel it. I think Bed Bath and Beyond in the "beyond" section..lol will have a nice one. Michael says it may make you want to go to the bathroom often since you can hear the water or think that the faucet is running. Not the effect I was going for. I love to keep in the backround on the computer the waves or windchimes to create a peaceful setting. That feeling of being calm and focused is an awesome one.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I love water sounds... and I have some wind chimes... I should get one to go along with the "Stephie" music when I have it on... LOL... but I think I need to wait til the kids get a bit older...

Kristin said...

Michael "Know Fear" is right on that! Cause sometimes my little guy Max would need me to run the faucet so he could get the pee pee started. It works! Although I know what you mean, the tranquil sounds are so calming and peaceful. I will keep a look out for a nice one. I too think I need to invest in one the way these 3 crazies go all day, let me tell ya, water running could do alot for this stressed out cookie addict mama!