Wednesday, August 20, 2008

the phone of my childhood



This is the exact phone.....(well maybe ours was a rotary one.....you know the ones that u have to wait for the round thingy to come back for every number, no lookin at it again I do thing it had push #'s)from my childhood. I LOVED this phone when I was younger. I loved Mickey and still do. I never got to go to Disney as a child. I went on spring break my senior year in HS with 3 friends on a dime. I BROUGHT myself there I was not taken there. Since I felt it to be a depravation to childhood I vowed to Michael that our children HAVE to go there. THEY got there alright....lol many many times.....I still would go back in a heartbeat, today in fact if the price were a cheep one...lol OR drive like some trips...lol M is DONE with that...lol
So this post was not at all about Disney or my fetish I just really liked the phone when I went looking for one to post for my RANT> here goes.....

U ever just NEED/WAIT for a phone call and it does not come? I am sure all of you reading at one time or another have been there. WAITIN AND WAITIN AND HOPEIN AND WAITING SOME MORE>.......yeah I am learning the virtue of patience right even though I am a really patient person on the whole, and am doing well with that, I hope. I won't get into the call it self but to rant on the issue of waiting for a call and just not getting it. I know I have deep faith and the belief in God that things happen for a reason and in His time. I so get that and am TRYING REAL HARD to live by those words....when the phone rings and I look at the caller id ( LOVE CALLER ID) lol what did we do without it all those years ago, I just HOPE that it is the call I am waiting so patiently in antisipation for. I know it will come in due time but the waiting is the hard part. Please send positive vibes and prayers my way that the "CALL" comes SOON!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have loved that phone!
mel

Dawn said...

I always wanted that phone... there have been many phone calls I have waited for... I remember waiting for those "you're pregnant" calls... every minute seemed like an hour. I hope you get your call soon.

Kristin said...

i will pray you get the call you have been waiting so patiently for and i hope you & Know Fear & those sweet boys of yours go see Mickey real soon!
1 love, sister!

Stephie Says..... said...

K
Really they just think at this point Disney is just too young and all Disneyed out. Sad for me b/c I really don't like Universal as much as Disney and Universal is the much older kid place.
Know Fear had it on today ...lol
J said is that all he wears...lol it IS his favorite t-shirt....lol
XOXOOX LUV U 2!