Monday, August 18, 2008

Feelin' Patriotic

I got to see my cousin today. Have not seen him for atlest a year. He is my first and only boy cousin. His father who walked me down the isles is the brother of my mother. Nana Theresas son. He pitches. He was on an AA team for some team then got called to the AAA teams for the Giants. He did pitch in one major league game this season but plays all the farm team games. He was on a week off break and I was so glad to see the straping 6 foot 10 inch tall man he has become. Folks that is not a typo. My son Stephen looks short next to him and he is over 6'2" tall. I stand next to him and am in awe that the kids whos diaper I changed is now 26 years old. I leartn to change diapers on him....lol Once he woke up from a nap while I was at my aunts house for my weekend get away to the "country" ( they live 7 houses down from us lol but are in N Reading). When growing up in the "city" Eastie the country was anything past the orange dino on Rt 1 Malden......lol he had no diaper and was wacking his lil thingy and I screamed....lol
So he showed me some wedding pics of his friend Adam that he has had forever that I also saw grow up...Well he got older but never grew past 5'2". It is hysterical to see them in a pic together. They have a pic from HS and are back to bcak and I recall Adams head was bearly over Stephens rear area...lol thats how much of a difference there is. Since Stephen was home from Cali we got to hang out at his parents pool and laugh and reminice. He was amazed that I treaded water while we chated for 2.5 hours straight non stop. So we caught up on his friends and what they are doing now. Well this one boy I thought was the most reseptable kid ever is now none other than a Soldier for the USMC. I was so proud to hear of his service and on the other hand so scared and concerned for his family to have to have that worry for his safety. Please keep him and all the service people in your toughts and prayers for without their commitment we would not be free or able to do what we do without tought. All the HS friends got to see eachother this weekend at Adams wedding and he said it was bitter sweet since RJ was in the middleast serving. They got to pod cast to him from a laptop and said he was so excited to see everone. I luv that things like that can happen with the age of comps. He also got to see his 8 mnth old daughter that he has yet to meet in person. The scence of not being able to hold your infant must be so challanging. He also got to see her birth with help from the vid cam on the comp. How special was that. Never forget that we are able to do what we do b/c of the service of the troops here on US ground and in other countries.. GOD BLESS THE USA!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

awwwwww, i am so happy for you. that was so nice to hear. glad you got to spend some time with him. I am a big fan of the military men. They are all my hero's. I adopt soldiers all the time. God Luv them for what they do...

Stephie Says..... said...

Thanks Jenny...when I was there I cked my hoise mesgs and found "JIMBO" called. lol I was like she is crazy....lol u r crazy. It took me a second to lauhg and think about that it was u. lol

Dawn said...

Wow, 6'10"!! That's tall! Sounds like a great kid. Yes, I am very appreciative of our soldiers... 2.5 hours of treading water - what a workout!

Stephie Says..... said...

allleg work and only a lil arm work so I have to do something tonight for the arms...

Stephie Says..... said...

J
did'nt a box come back destroyed once of stuff u sent to them?
Masket Basket has a box to send toiltries for powder and socks. I drop off there sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I'm happy you were able to spend time with him! I'm a military brat myself (Navy), and have a brother in the Marines and another in the Army!

Kristin said...

God Bless the USA and all the men & women out there who are being so brave, come home safe & soon!