Monday, July 28, 2008

Reiki......deep meditaion and breathing has been wonderful


Tonight I am going to an info meeting about Reiki. I looked into it about 3 months ago and really liked the concept. At my program we do a wonderful deep breathing/mediation program. I find it to be so fulfilling and stress relieving. It takes your heart rate to a nice slow pace and gets you to a different place. The Reiki program at the hospital can be a free one if you get picked by the lottery. I am gonna enter and see how that goes. It is very costly if otherwise. I do know it is a treatment during chemo also that has positive effects on the patients. I have 2 cds from the program and do them atleast 4 times a week and have got Ry on board too. M listened once and feel asleep. The key is to get into a relaxed state but not SLEEP......I hope I can be picked for the lottery. My energy is through the roof with the peace it has given me. Deep breathing also helps the lung build capasity and the more H2o you take in the better u are at burning the calories also. So all together now.....deep breath in through the nose, see your chest rise and out through the mouth......deep and release all the air that your tummy is at your back and hold that tummy....in...in.....hold and breath......I hope the soothing Kenny G can take you to the clam and peacful places I have been......

9 comments:

Kristin said...

My Mom has done Reiki and loves it!
I wanna try it! Let me know if u like maybe we can all go & be cool, calm & peaceful all together now!

Norma said...

But Kenny G's music makes me want to kill people...especially Kenny G.

Stephie Says..... said...

Maybe u are in DEEP NEED of anger management......Breath deep...and LET IT GO!
BTW UR type of music would send me to do things beyond reason so maybe it is time to tone down the hard rock .....lol JK
Thats why we r differnt .....

Stephie Says..... said...

K
It is a 50/50 chance that I can get the lottery. I was told tonight that it is a fee of $75 per hour if you don't get picked. I hope I do...if not I will hold off from doing it....So ur mom loves it that is a good thing...and when we met she seemed to be a really calm peacful person....who loved my fudge...LOL LOL LOL

Norma said...

My anger management comes in the form of kickboxing, lifting weights and running like hell.

Jennifer said...

Stef I want to try Reiki, I think I need it. Let me know. You inspire me to breath more

Michelle said...

Hmmm I would like to try this. Where can I get a CD like the ones you have?

Dawn said...

So, did ya find out? Did ya? Did ya? I like the Kenny G song called "Going Home"...

Stephie Says..... said...

FYE has a great CD from Seygan I think the artist is....FYE had a bunch.....