Sunday, November 05, 2006

Off to the movies!

As you all know I LOVE to entertain.......About two weeks ago we had a group of friends that we haven't seen in a long time over for Sunday dinner. We have shared years of friendship through Michael working with most of them, they have moved on but as for Michael he is still in his long term relationship with the bank.(lol...21years and counting)(atleast we know he is commited)When I cook I always make sure to count for leftovers. It is the Italian in me that has to have enough and more for a croud. I sent them all home with containers full of yummy treats. Well I must say Savy was the only one that sent the containers back and put a little treat in them for us, 4 movie passes. Was that just so sweet. We never go to the movies b/c it is very expensive for 4 of us. We wait for the DVD to come out and watch it at home. We are so excitted to head out this morn to see the 12:00 show of Santa Clause 3!!!! I will let you know how it was, I am sure it will be a good one. We have enjoyed the other two so this is the final in the triligy. Have a great fall day. And stay warm, it is really getting chilly these days. I guess it has to happen at some point and I have to acept it............Bear Hugin' and Lovin'...Stephie

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun, I'll look forward to your review. Yes, it's too chilly for me... I was just telling Ed I am ready to head SOUTH for the winter! That was nice of your friend to return your containers with movie tickets in the them... I've never thought of that but what a great idea! By the way, I responded to your post on my blog about Grey's Anatomy if you want to keep dishing about it... it will keep us busy til the next episode. Have a great day!

anonymous blogging woman..... said...

wow, christmas movies already! that's gonna get you in the shopping mode....and knowing you from your bloggin...the cookie making mode! i like the italian cookies that look like little round blobs that have yummy aniset (sp) frosting on top.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

Stephie Says..... said...

ABW>>>>ANIS SNOWBALLS>>>>My Nana T made those and they were so good...I make them now w/vanilla or almond b/c my guys do not ike the anis.....
THIS MOVIE WAS AWESOME>....I would not expect any better from Disney.
I love Disney magic..The story line was great not corney and the visuals were so colorful and happy. Makes you want to decorate...Some kids were in Santa hats funny to see the little ones. There were alot of bigger kids my sons ages and older. I was surprised to see that. So glad to have seen that movie....
You have to see the Nativity Movie...It is very Biblical (of course) it looks so good, if you enjoy that stuff. I was thinking what a nice firld trip for a Youth Group or Rel Ed class....
I must say the Santa Clause 3 is a MUST SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karen said...

What a nice idea your friend had, but nothing less than you deserve. You are so thoughtful and generous.. it's nice that you are appreciated!

The movie sounds great.. I liked the first 2.. we will have to go and get in the spirit. Glad you enjoyed your weekend!

melissa said...

We saw the movie fri night and now we're thinking Christmas too!!!

Stephie Says..... said...

Mel was it not so good or what...We loved it...
I did notice the workshop had two signs...."Construct a Bear" & Build a toy.....did you notice they can not leagally use build a bear so they had to swich it....
I notice everything lol Hope your gang loved it too....

Anonymous said...

gus...who's gonna see Borat? (besides me and nantz!)

Anonymous said...

not gus..."guys"!

Stephie Says..... said...

Drew
Michael would not see that if it were free. I saw the previews on TV and it did look funny, made lots of $ the 1st weekend at the boxoffice. I guess another wait for the DVD. I do know on Nov 17 M his brothers and dad and maybe Stephen b/c he is 13 will head out on opening day to the 007 movie b/c they NEVER miss an opening for that junk..lol Yup I called 007 junk, not my kind of movie.
So as for the Rafs we will or I will be waiting for Borat on DVD.

melissa said...

Yes, we liked it-Jack Frost a little freaky for my 4 yr old, though. I covered her eyes-
We took out the xmas movies this past wknd-but my hubby made me promise they'd go away again till thanxgvg wknd (after they see them 1x) He's out of town, so guess what??? We're still watching LOL:)
Drew-don't tell