Friday, November 24, 2006

Morning People.......

Yup THAT ME! It is now 5:03 am I have been up almost an hour now. IT IS "BLACK FRIDAY". Got to be at the workshop @ 530 so I had to get up and "do my things". I am off to the biggest shopping day of the year, to work of course, not to spend.....I am far from one to shop on this day. The best place to be is the supermarket. Not a soul in sight b/c they all over gorged from yesterday and do not need to get food items. As for the dept/mall/chain stores I am sure it would send my head spinning. I refuse to give in to the "hurry 500am sales". Yeah, you go get your bargain I bougth what I needed to buy...weeks ago at a real sale, with normal stores hours........So if you are heading out to the stores bright and early I say UGH to you.....Stay home take a day off break and relax....rest up.....Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are 32 days away..........enjoy your day...I better not see you shopping today......lol lol
Beacuse of the early morn ( I NEVER take naps) I crashed at 400 today till 600 and woke up a confused and dazed person. It was very busy today and we sold lots of gift cards as well as stuff. Note Now until Christmas if you spend $35. or over you can get a ten dollar gift card for half off....Ok who gets that???I hope you all do....What a time trying to have people understand it....YOU PAY $5.00 and the gift card is a TEN dollar card....Now that is 50% off of the card ...I swear some people just can not GET the concept.......lol
SO hint hint Nancy.....get Drews bear soon and get a half off gift card while you are at it..........

5 comments:

melissa said...

Thats 32 shopping days away!
And, don't these ppl know they can shop online???? HELLO???
I strolled into work at 10 today-Mayberry doesn't have a "black friday" like the big cities (we call our town Mayberry, b/c its small and everyone knows everyone)
Hmmm... w/ all my free time maybe I should start a blog or something
Hope your workday was OK!!

Stephie Says..... said...

Mel
Mayberry is better off without Black Friday lol........
Yes we want to read your Mayberry happenings...lol

Karen said...

Ok, I'm one of those people who didn't get it until you explained the concept of 1/2 off. :)

I hardly ever nap either, but hate that dazed feeling of "where am I? What day is this"..I slept in late yesterday, worked for a few hours, took a walk and watched "What not to Wear" marathon. sorry you had to get up so early!!!

Drew said...

I am ashamed to say I tried for a Nintendo WII at 5:30 Friday morning. My sister called me the night before to see if I would go with her...and I did. I can't believe how many pastey, greasy-hair'd, basement-dwelling, nerds there were in front of us! No Wii! :-(

Stephie Says..... said...

lol ............