Friday, October 06, 2006

No Fried Dough...but Veggie Tempura was great..

.............not like there was "NO" fried dough, 5 stands to be exact. I was not in the mood for a piece of dough that cost $5.00. I can make a platter of it for under $2.00. SO thats what I am doing tomorrow. After apple pickin' in NH and Saturday eve Mass I will hit the kitchen with yummy smells of fried dough and apple yum yums. The fair was not overly crowded last night, I like that. We had some really fun family time together. It is always the same year after year. I think that is what makes it feel so special. I am glad we went to our yearly visit and am lookin' forward to the Apple Orchards......Next Apple Cider Donuts.....oh how yummy, hot and crisp....can you picture it? Can you almost taste it? The smell alone will send you to a sweet and tender place. See you at the orchards......

6 comments:

Drew said...

Stephie, how is the foliage? We're heading to New Hampshire on Sunday. WooHoo!

Stephie Says..... said...

We noticed driving further North today for hockey that the trees are really turing...I bet you will see some vibrant fall colors and we have real crisp air tonight....Cold almost.....Have fun in NH.....let us know how it goes...

Anonymous said...

I like fried dough! you shoulda brought some to work... mmm if i lived with you id be a thousand pounds! :)

Stephie Says..... said...

Pam .........Fudge and some goodies are coming to the workshop Sunday eve....Yum Yum

Karen said...

OOHHHH fried dough.. i've never made it ..seems to decadent except to have at the fair.. sounds like such fun! I love apple cider donuts too.. I LOVE FALL!!!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm - can I have some?