Tuesday, October 17, 2006

In the mornings darkness.....

It is 645am and still rather "dark" out there. I am sure in 2 weeks it will be a bit more light when we turn the clocks back. Then I will type at 400pm and vent about how dark it is early. I tell you the truth I think I have a mild case of SAD when the fall ends and winter begins. I am an extermly stable and hapy person in mostly all aspects of my life but this winter thing has ALWAYS got me SAD....There is a real thing called Seasonal something Disorder. DR. Phil..HELPPPP!

7 comments:

Norma said...

Dr. Norma here (Dr. Phil's busy at the moment)...it's seasonal AFFECTIVE disorder, and I think almost everyone has it to some degree. Go to bed early and get up early in the winter, I guess, is something you can do. Remember, even in Florida, it gets dark early in the winter. ; )

Anonymous said...

I'm with Norma - I think we all have it to some degree. I know I do! Is it too early to "Think Spring"? Sigh!

Anonymous said...

Stephie, I've seen products advertised that are like regular lamps that simulate sunlight and supposedly help folks with "SAD". Maybe Google it?

A good game of flashlight tag with the kids helps me feel better. :-)

Stephie Says..... said...

I told M about the light bulbs that are for that in hopes it could be a Christmas gift this year...See I am not hard to please and I am far from a prima donna lol .......

melissa said...

I think lots of green plants in the house helps too-bring the outdoors in!
Grow an Amaryllis,or some paperwhites,hyacinth-they're all available in kits!!!!!
Check out Christmas tree shops,etc
:0)

Anonymous said...

That's right. House plants and fish tanks!

Stephie Says..... said...

Mel
I should just go to a warmer climate like you did but M does not want to leave MA.....Too much here to leave. Thanks for all the helpful hints D and Mel....; )