Saturday, October 28, 2006

From the land of the lost!

How many of you remember on Saturday Mornings the show LAND OF THE LOST? I watched that show faithfully and HATED it. Well not hated it but was scared crapless from it, but still watched. I was chatting with one of the workers from the Halloween store at the mall and he mentioned this cool mask. I saw it and freaked out it took me back to the Land of the Lost show. It had these awful looking alien type creatures that would freak me out. I googled it this morning and got sent to www.landofthelost.com click on the song that will really get you a blast from the past. Why is it even though I highly loath this show I watched it over and over? I was so scared that the kids would NEVER get home again. I never liked the whole idea of the prehistoric era so I guess this was what bothered me the most. I guess we are creatures of habit and we just do what we always do.........sit and watch!

8 comments:

melissa said...

All I can remember is the horrid sleestacks! (spelling?)
I too, couldn't miss an episode,though!
Oh, and the theme song! That link was great!

Norma said...

I didn't know you watched Land of the Lost! That Dr. Smith was just as scary as the terrifying robot and the sleestaks!!!!

Stephie Says..... said...

Every Saturday,,,,Anthony P got me hooked b/c we were always together on a Saturday after an early morn of dance school....Then when we did not go to Perullos I would watch it alone and get so scared...
Yes Mel that link made me freak out seeing those creepy things....

Anonymous said...

I nearly wet myself listening to the theme song!
John didn't even remember the show (generation gap, ha ha).
My brother and I LOVED it!

Norma said...

I was referring to the other crapping-my-pants-but-can't-stop-watching TV show of my childhood, "Lost in Space" with Dr. Smith and the robot...so sleep-deprived I blended the two shows into one...

Karen said...

I loved Land of the lost.. hated when they went in the cave with the Sleestaks.. Did you know that the ulgy boy thing is Ron Howards' brother? Little tidbit of information for ya! My brother Michael and I always watched this show.. I was also a fan of Lost in Space, Nora.. Warning Warning Danger Will Robinson! How bout the old Star Trek episodes? I love the trebles.. I always wanted one.

melissa said...

The trouble with Tribbles...

Stephie Says..... said...

Yes Normie you had me going????WOW I think that was another show.....You were confused...Only watched that one once in a while not all the time like Land of the Lost!
==============================
Collins he is not THAT OLD! LOL