Monday, October 16, 2006

I refuse to put on the heat!

OK raise your hand if you woke up this morning and it felt like December! <<<>>>...... I do not think that the heat should go on this early, yes we are frugal I mean cheep....lol BUT come on it is sooooo cold the outside temp read 27* HELLO! Why is it so cold so soon. We were in shorts last weekend when it was 70's and balmy. Ugh to how fast the weather changes in New England. I so badly wanted to stay under the toasty warm covers this morning so did the kids. I woke to Michael with the comforter over his head and at that point I knew it had to be cold in here. lol Even if I wanted to turn the heat on after he left for work it was not possible b/c we, I mean he shuts down the furnice in March and it may be turned on around November. I may have to turn it on this week because our neice Selena is coming for the day on Wednesday. Ryan has a half day of school and I took the day off from the bears. The little 2 year old peanut will freeze if she comes here and it is like this. I will have to resort to turning on the oven for an hour with the door open. That was a trick growing up in the triple decker in the winter when the electric went out during a storm the gas oven still worked so we could stay semi-warm in the kitchen. We now have an electric oven so that would not help in a power outage but it will on Wednesday before she comes lol. I leave you this morning with this, no more sandels no more short sleaves and wear your jackets, we have to come to the realization.. it is FREEZZZZZINNGGG these days,,,,,,,,,STAY WARM AND GIVE A BIG BEAR HUG TO THE ONES YOU LOVE>>>>>>>Bear Huggin' and Lovin'

4 comments:

Norma said...

You know that I don't put the heat on until Halloween is over! No matter what! We are trying to squeeze out this 1/4 tank of oil that we have left from last winter so we don't have to buy any before we move...but even if that were not the case, no way would our heat be on yet! We close (most) of the windows at night and we're fine. Girls wear their fleece feet jammies and we pile on the blankets. This morning it was 58 degrees in here! But no one is complaining. I stand with you on the thermostat ban!!!

melissa said...

Steph-
The last year we lived in MA we spent $500 a mo in oil!(for 6 mo.s)
I'm NOT kidding!
UGH :(
I FEEL your PAIN!!!!!!!!
We put ours on 2 days ago here-it went down to the low 50's at night BRRRRR...

Stephie Says..... said...

M and I spoke about the Selena visit he feels the "sun" wil lheat the house...all well and good we do get wonderful sunlight BUT Wed. is rainy in the 7 day forcast...well on goes the oven pre-heat 400* for one hour and bake...lol

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm the big wimp - I put on the furnace at night! I can't sleep if I am cold.

Steph, your stove story reminds me of the Blizzard of '78! My parents did that and us kids slept in the kitchen. I hope they didn't have it on too long - isn't that bad? Who knows but whatever they did, it worked!