Friday, October 20, 2006

And the winner of the St. Lazarus School spelling bee is.......

not me........... As you have noticed I am not a great speller. All my life I have had the worst time with pronouncing and spelling. Herbs are the worst. I boch the words and also flowers. I ask my children how to spell words from the computer when typing or writing letters. Ryan has never got under a 90% on his spelling tests. Stepen is also a good speller but has to think about it unlike Ry who belts it out lickety split. Was I lazy in studing in the lower grades? No I tried so hard and was very frustrated when Nana T would test me and I would get the word wrong over and over despite studing for them. She was very low key and di dnot get really mad when I would make the same spelling error over again. The words that Ryan comes home with are so over the top sometimes. I guess it is due to the BIG MCAS test that expects them to know everything. His most recent power word was juxblah blah posion.....it was out of my league. (Normie please post the proper spelling).......How do fifth graders get these over the top words...? I should resort to homeschooling.....LOL LOL LOL SO Ry can teach me a few things lol lol ........ This was the year I correctly spelt MASSACHUSETTS........Yippie It only took 35 years living here to get it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a great speller either. The thoughts and usage are more important. I think you articulate very well, Stephie!

Norma said...

It was "juxtaposition," Stephie. And I agree that you are a very eloquent writer and your feelings/thoughts are very well put together, even if your spelling is "abominable" (Sister Mary)...and your penmanship, too! : ) Love you.

Stephie Says..... said...

Well T/U Drew........
And same to U Normie...I try that is all that counts....Sister Mary had me re-take mostly all my tests over to get a better mark lol ....Even though it was Mrs. Vermillio who did the English part in 4th grade......
By the way Ry got a 100% on this weeks spelling test ...he could of got 105 but he let that word go lol I don't blame him....

Karen said...

My hubby can't spell either, but is much better at math than I am..I think it is the different sides of the brain. I have always loved spelling and words (weird?) but been intimidated by math/finance/stocks etc.. my brain just shuts right off and I get this blank look on my face. Good thing I have Bill :)