Thursday, July 20, 2006

A bear always puts a smile on your face!

Today was our last day of VBS. We had a really fun and educational time the past 9 days. A little hot at times but still lots of good times. Since Jack (post from yesterday) has a low tolerance of energy he was not able to be in VBS. He did come to the last day festivities. It was great to see his smile and positive love that he has always had since he was a little tike. Our class made him a special bear (build-a-bear) and it went over BIG! We got a "get well" flower in the bears hand and it had a pouch to fill so we filled it with coins from heaven........He is saving the coins to donate to the Childrens Hospital Cancer Unit...Is that so sweet or what? He even entertained us with a magic trick during snack. It was great to see him and I am so sad our 9 days have come to an end. Till next year.........we will see you then........

7 comments:

Constituent said...

I hope your VBS was an overwhelming success. Take care.

Karen said...

What a wonderful idea that was to give Jack a Build-a-bear.. what a sweet little kid to be thinking of others..

I hate to sound ignorant, but I have no idea what VBS stands for.. enlighten me!!!

Stephie Says..... said...

Sorry it is short fro Vacation Bible School apart of our Rel Ed program formerly CCD no longer tach the doctrines from years ago so it is not CCD anymore Rel Ed !

anonymous blogging woman..... said...

that's so cute about the build a bear with the coins.....

i had no clue what VBS was either...I thought it was some sort of medical thing....

Drew said...

My guys LOVED VBS. This was their 1st. year. My oldest taught.

mazel mazel

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»