Sunday, July 16, 2006

The heat is on!!!

This is far from a complaint. The heat IS on today and Monday and Tuesday. In the greater Boston area the Mayor of Boston may call this a "heatwave". When 3 consecutive days are 90* or higher that is the way they make the call. A summer without a heatwave is just not summer in Boston. The hydrants are open by the fire dept. so that the inner-city children can run in their see through undies to get some relief. The inner-city pools are open later to keep the people cool. Most of all the city beaches are taxed to the max with beach goers to get the "ocean breeze" relief. I myself am not a happy beach goer. On Friday I did vow to family and friends that I would be going to the beach either in Salsbury Ma or Hampton NH. We are without beach chairs so a neighbor offered hers to us. I was "this close" to picking up the chairs yesterday on the way home from church when.......ring, ring.....the cell phone..."Oh you want us to come to the pool tommorow?"...Ok Vanessa we will go to your mothers pool tom for a bbq and a get together with some friends SURRRRRRRRRRRRRRE! Well here I am making fruit salad and cutting homemade blueberry bread to bring to a BBQ AT A POOL!!!!! Gotta love the pool! No sand in our food, no salt on the skin ...Where do I begin......I LOVE POOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I still will keep the vow to take atleast one maybe two family beach trips this summer .............or next .......hehehehehe lol I crack myself up! Have a great heatwave and splish splash the beautiful blue chlorine water of the pool!

4 comments:

anonymous blogging woman..... said...

I love pools too, just came in from our pool!

Drew said...

We actually went to the beach here on Long Island (NY) yesterday and today. (we just got home about an hour ago) There wasn't much of an ocean breeze...but the water was cool enough.
But you're right about the sand...and showers when we get home. It's a lot of work but the kids love the boogie boarding lessons and making sand castles.

Mazel Mazel...good things!

Stephie Says..... said...

OH let me tell you ABW and Drew...
WHat a day of swim.....I know if I had a pool the novelty would wear off but at this point it is a great thing to be invited b/c I just swim all day long. Still pass up food to stay in the pool. That would be a great diet lol .....too bad I could not do an infomurcal on TV about that plan lol lol
Glad to hear great days were had by all........I will evenly. make it to the beach I swear!!

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»