Friday, July 07, 2006

Gotta love the pool!!!!!!!!!!!

Any of you who know me I AM A FISH! I love, love , love to swim all day long when at a POOL!
I grew up 3 1/2 blocks from the ocean and was never fond of it as I should of been. I guess the sand was icky to me even back then. I was made to go EVERY good day as a child. We would walk there because it was soooo close to us. We would pass a friends house who was 50 feet from the beach right before you had to cross to get to the beach, they had a pool......Well It was a good day when we were asked to join them for a bit on our walk to the beach for the day. We would end up staying the day. I would swim the entire time less a bathroom break. I even recall passing up food to stay in the pool. Yes I passed up eating. Not to fear I made up for it later lol ...SO I guess the pool was my first choice then and it is now. For five years we were Pool Members at the tennis/sport center two door down from our house. I was told by one of the brothers who owned the complex who logs your comings and goings we are the members with the most pool side hours.lol ...........We would go from 11am to 7pm open till close, leave for a quick dinner or eat there, meet the husband after he worked and claim the best seats in the house near the deep end where all the OLDER kids were and far from the kiddie pool because there were no more kiddies in this party. Well this is the first year we did not sign up. We got 3 phone reminders from the front desk and a friendly (unmailed) note from them. They must of drove by and put it in the mailbox to save 37 cents. Well I think the boys have outgrown the place because there are tons of lil kids and alot of the bigger ones families feel the same way so every year less and less pre=teens/teens sign up as members. My older son plans on being a gaurd there when he is of age even though all the gaurds in previous years state he is an A HOLE to work for, so we will see. The best thing was the gaurds liked to talk to me because I was not one of those snob members that looked down at them for doing the "Labor" type job. This town has a population of many people like that. We have @9,000 in the town and 8,990 are snobs lol lol no a little less...hehhehehe SO I do indeed miss being able to at a drop of a hat "Go to the POOL".......We wait for invites from friends and relatives to enjoy a swim. I did get to swim for a good part of the day today at a friends down the street. We were original members of the pool but she felt is easier with 4 kids to get a pool. SO to make a long story even longer lol .......I LOVE SWIMMING>>>>>>I WANT A POOL>>>>>I know they are a ton of work unless you have the cash to pay a pool boy........I guess my boys would be the "Poolboys" if we ever get one........So to all you non-ocean swimmers out there........GO POOLS!!!! Swimming Rocks....lol Have fun in the sun till' a quarter ta' one.........

5 comments:

Norma said...

Remember all the "bad" kids -- Steven Waites, Jeff what's-his-name who dated Debbie Baker -- used to sneak into the Ramada Inn pool? Or try to hop the fence into the house on St. Edwards Road?

WE NEVER HAD THE GUTS TO DO IT!!!!

Stephie Says..... said...

We were "good kids"////we really were!!!!!!
=================================
Yeah what was with the big white house 5 feet from the beach in EAST BOSTON but looked like it belonged in 90210? lol lol or on the Sapranos,,,
A pool 5 feet from the ocean....

Karen said...

I'm a definite pool girl too! We always had a round pool growing up (having grown up in Roslindale and not being anywhere near the beach with 5 kids, we had to!) But, having just sold a house that had a 20 x 40 inground pool I can honestly say that I won't miss it. We only lived there 2 years, but it cost so much money to have it.. we paid a pool company to open and close it because we wanted it done right and the money that you have to pay for chemicals, etc.. Although my son Matthew was our "pool boy" and was trained to vacumm. There was nothing like it on a 90 degree day when you could just sit on a float, but maybe, like you, I'll make friends with someone that has one!

I love the beach, but will just dunk in and run right out!

Anonymous said...

I'm all for the pool boy. Get one even if you dont's get a pool.

Stephie Says..... said...

LOL LOL good one Heidi.....