Sunday, July 23, 2006

All the back-to-school sales......

As I read the Sunday Globe I could not help but notice all the sales flyers. I like to read the flyers every Sunday to see what I may need at a sale price. I have good intentions of running to 2 drugstores to get what the other does not have on sale. It doesn't always work that way. I was amazed to see so many "back-to-school" items on sale. Please, like the day after Halloween we see and hear Christmas things in the stores. It seemed like the day the children got out for the summer the "bts" sales started! Let us have a break, a small break without the need to buy the stuff and get ready for school again. I want to cherish the remaing few weeks left for summer vacation and think about not running to a sale for bts items but enjoying the summer time without shopping for stuff! So enjoy the rest of you fun filled summer days and keep in mind the stuff will always be there, the sales keep coming if not this week but 5 weeks from now!

5 comments:

Norma said...

Good perspective, Stephie. I, also, was a little dismayed to see all the school stuff advertised yesterday. With so many districts now starting school at the end of August, I guess the stores want to snag your dollars as early as possible. As for me...I'm still looking for a beach chair and some new flip-flops...which are probably now on clearance.

Karen said...

I hate the way summer flies by so quickly. Not so much the days, but the weeks! I keep looking at my weekend plans and thinking its almost August!!! I still haven't got in a serious beach day (unlike our good friend "N" who is having a decadent beach summer :)

Enjoy.. Its a wonderful time of year!

Stephie Says..... said...

t/u Norma....Yes Kearen I agree Normie and the gals are making it a true Cape Cod kind of summer...."fun in the sun"///
Thats great that thye are lil beach bums and have the bronze glow about them....Kepp splishin and a splashin'.......

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»