Thursday, June 29, 2006

More car troubles.......

So once again almost to the garage home with lots of groceries a "light" goes on. UGH,,,I swear when one thing goes they all do.......This however was not under the warrenty. A four year old car with ten year old problems.......What can ya do? It could be worse. So the conversation of asking the husband for a new car did not go as planned. I tried to point out it is "only money and ya can't take it when you die"...Yeah that did nothing. His idea of a car that is paid for has to be fixed not replaced. Well I never heard such a thing...Well I have but I am being me and if you really know me well enough I am semi-joking about being a brat.....I do value all we have and work had at having the boys learn the value of a dollar. At this point I even think they have it more down pat than I do. So after a day of waiting and waiting and waiting somemore, it is fixed. Boy do those waiting rooms remind me of the hospital....the car hospital that is........

1 comments:

Karen said...

My hubby is the same way. One day while I was living up here in NH ( we lived here for 2 years) and he was down working in MA my 8 year old Blazer (which was constantly in and out of the shop) broke down on my way to Loon mountain (I took a job in the Children's center and got FREE SKIING). I had to walk over the windy bridge in -12 weather and was almost dead when I got to the Children's Center. I finally put my foot down (with tears and all) and said I NEED A NEW CAR AND I NEED IT NOW (talk about a brat).. but it was a horrible experience. Needless to say, we went out that weekend and I drove home with an nice new (and SAFE) GMC Envoy that I'm still enjoying to this day. I will probably be driving that into the ground. Hope its finally fixed. Sometimes you have to be a brat. :)