Tuesday, June 27, 2006

It's a girl!

So the baby was born....The one we got to buy all the stuff for and oh and ah over new baby items not to mention really cute stuff..........I think I am more excited than my husband. It is his assistants daughter not my co-workers daughter. I guess it is a woman thing. I only met this man a half dozen or so times at the yearly Christmas parties or summer outings but you feel like you know these people so well b/c your spouse spends hours with them. I got a call on Thursday from Mike Smith thanking me for doing such a great job with all the awesome stuff for the baby. He had the need to point put they were going to try cloth diapers to "save on waste" I did not want to burst his bubble but yeah that will last an hour........Really I am the recycle queen of Middleton and agree on helping the enviornment but new parents out there...Please heed the warning...........Disposable diapers were invented to HELP you through the very long and tedious task of lots of pee and poop that will seem like an endless river on some days. I did say to "hold on" to the packs for now as you may decide to use them. I do have the slip to return the packs but I do not see that in the near future......I made a joke out of it but in my head I was screaming YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING!!!!!!! I would like to be a fly on the wall the first week home. Also on trips to the mall or friend and familes houses or just out and about.....EWWWWW I just don't want to go there with the "cloth diaper" issue. Funny, I did get two packs of them as they are great to use a "BURP CLOTHES" but my intention was not for bottom use. So to lil Charlotte Ellen Smith, Happy Birthday lil girl ...........Hope your daddies boss gives him lots of time off....Hint Hint...Michael let the poor boy have a long vacation.......

3 comments:

Karen said...

What a beautiful name! Hope you get a look at her one of these days.

Funnily enough, I used cloth diapers for about 2 months (believe it or not!) when Billy was born almost 13 years ago. My mother gave me Didy Diaper service and I only used them when I was home (I used pampers when we went out, but mostly we didn't go out too too much for those weeks..) I was nursing and I liked the fact that he never sat in a wet nappy..Believe me once I had Matt I didn't use cloth at all, especially since I had 2 in diapers.. I certainly didn't do it to save on waste, because you have to think of all the water and soap used to clean out those nasty cloths.. I only did it because my mother and sister suggested it and it worked out for a very, very short while.. and then they did very nicely as burp cloths.

Karen said...

Hey Steph, who's this hoaxer getting in on your blogging?

Stephie Says..... said...

I know Karen I was like HUH?