Saturday, June 17, 2006

Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there!

It gives me great pleasure to say these words and mean it! There are so many deserving fathers out there that do wonderful jobs all year long and should celebrate the day the way they want. To all the dads and papas that are no longer with us, to them we fondly remember the times we were blessed with them here on Earth. Growing up I never got to make a big deal of this day having no father "in the picture", then to have a dead beat so-called "step-father" that was no use either. SO now to have a wonderful, loving and dear husband that loves and cherishes our children, I can be proud of this day. Also to have a FIL that is so great helps a hugh bunch. I always had a handsome, funny, silly uncle that I got to call and give happy wishes to so that at least eased the burden of shame. Uncle Steve, without any hesitation was elated to walk me down the isle on my wedding day. The hansome man smelling oh so nice with a smile ear to ear. At the time his daughter was about 2 and I was scared to ask that of him knowing he would want the "walk" to be with her, but that was not at all a problem. It was like I had a piece of my dear loving papa at my side. This man meant so much to me that on his 25th Aniversary his children being only 11 and 4 were not able to do something special and his in-laws were not breaking down doors neither, so I threw a shindig for them....It was a feeling like (I am sure some of you have had this) when your parents are a wonderful role model and it makes you proud. So I got to be proud of the love and parenting they show. They will be married 38 years in October and still are silly and screamy at the same time..(b/c his wife is crazy lol lol Only kiddin Auntie Val).......So to all the men who made a mark on my soul......Happy Fathers Day......"Anyone can be a Father but it takes someone special to be a "daddy"....That was always a pharse that brought tears to my eyes even when I was a small girl. So be good to the daddies, they are good to you........xoxoxoxo Thanks to God, Our Heavenly Father....(Thats another story, as a lil girl in Catholic School with a Catholic upbringing we were told he is OUR FATHER...So if I was asked the dreaded "why don't you have a father" I would think to myself but we all have "THE FATHER"..................

5 comments:

Karen said...

You brought tears to my eyes. I couldn't have said it better or more heartfelt. Happy father's day to all, and I'm so glad you have special people in your life. sometimes when you go through hard times, it makes you appreciate the people in your life even more. They are also lucky to have a special wife/mother such as you :)

Stephie Says..... said...

Karen ....
You are so sweet. Happy Dads day to your guy and he is also very lucky to have you and the boys...

Norma said...

Stephie, maybe you can't spell but your thoughts always come through loud and clear. You are so sweet. Does Auntie Val really read this???

Drew said...

what a great post!

Stephie Says..... said...

Thanks Drew......
--------------------------------
No I tought that would be a funny Normie...Maybe when I watch the girls V and E could teach Auntie Stephie how to spell....hehehehe