Friday, June 09, 2006

A day without the bears!

I have always defined myself with titles......Like wife, mom, busdriver, teacher aide, Rel. Ed. teacher, baker, cook, day care provider, and most recent master bear builder ......
That is what they call you there at the BABW! So when the schd. for this week came out last Thursday I was surprised to see I did not have to work my reg. 9:30 -2:30 on Friday at all no on call nothing not a time in the slot. Well great I could meet JoAnn for some muffins maybe at the Gingerbread Workshop (got to atleast be in a "workshop" lol) but as plans have it she cannot. I quess I am a creature of habit and NEED to stay true to the SCHD> of my life. It is a lil OCD in all of us but I think it is somewhat major here at times...(Norma will attest to that). You would think that I would be so happy to have a day to myself but NO I have the need to go to work. It is what defines me. Should it? I often wonder do I have to work and prove to others I am not a lazy schlep like my mother was in her days here on the Earth or do I just have to stay true to "just what is expected by society"? With that have a great day at work or at play. I hope the phone rings and school needs me to sub or even do the dreeded "lunch duty in the calf for the kids who need help with their milk" lol .....I would even be happy doing that even though I complained many a days about recesse duty........Have a good one....tooodddllleesss....

2 comments:

Karen said...

Enjoy your day off! You sound so busy all the time.. but I guess I'm the same way. I do like to be busy (but not as busy as I have been lately!!) It seems like its all or nothing - either I'm out straight with no time to think, or I'm whistling dixie... Looking forward to whistling! Have a great day off and DON'T FEEL GUILTY!! You deserve it...:)

Norma said...

Why didn't you organize the kitchen cabinets or re-scrub your bathroom floor? Why didn't you go visit Auntie Val?