Friday, June 16, 2006

Everythings coming up baby!!!!

Its a ........?boy/girl? No! not us.....My husbands co-worker. We had to do some, I mean lots of baby shopping tonight for the "shower" on Wednesday. Oh the things they have these days. When our children were born 13 and 11 years ago there was no where near what there is now. The new stuff is mindblowing. I know I would love to have had some of those things when our boys were small and just b/c they are now on the market does not mean I want them just for the sake of getting them. I do think Michael was getting that baby feeling tonight. I see him with our young niece and 2 nephews and friends lil ones and I see how he loves lil ones. Well if you know me I am baby/toddler/kid person all the way.....BUT.....An INFANT....I could not imagine sleepless nights, packing large diaperbags full of stuff and lugging lots of stuff in the trunk.. Beside hockey and golf bags the trunk these days has no room for any such baby items. And those bags I speak of are carried by stapping strong older boys...lol .........I knew the feeling to have an infant thrown at you at 13 years old...and fun it was not..........when your mother makes you get off the phone to "watch" the baby, you have no desire to do so in your teen years. SO I would not like to do that to our children. As much as a baby is so filling we had our fill and love to experience "the next level". I got to take care of many a child day after day that were not my own so I think that helped fill my need for more children......I will gladly take care of your children as long as you return to claim your precious gift from God and take them back to the place they live.........So any time you need some watching call on the Auntie Stephies Daycare place lol lol ..........

4 comments:

Norma said...

Okay, you can watch them. I promise to come back...eventually. And you know they love you! I'll make it worth your while...really! ; )

Karen said...

Steph,

I wholeheartedly agree with you! Although I adore that new baby snuggly love, I am really happy with where we are right now in our lives. We did our part and now its time to "borrow" babies/toddlers. Also, our kids are at the age that even though they are independent, they still need us to be there, watching, listening and guiding. So neices, nephews, friends, cute neighbor children.. come on over.. but then you have to go home!

melissa said...

I hope to someday feel this way too! Babysitting for fun, I mean!
We still have a toddler (turning 2 this mo.) but we can't wait to be done w/ diapers, getting up at night!
I'm hoping my sis will come through for me in a few years and we can babysit for her someday-

Stephie Says..... said...

Karen ...I tell Normie all the time "I wish we lived closer", she would be able to do lots if they were with Auntie Stephie for hours lol lol ......I so agree they still do NEED us in a diifernt way..
-----------------------------------
Melissa...You will also get there some day.....keep those diapies clean lol lol