Friday, January 09, 2009

"you sunk my battleship" kickin it back old school



Ryan stayed home from school today due to having a fever yesterday after school. He slept from 330pm till this morn and had no time to study for three tests. He said yesterday in school it was so hard to stya awake and he was all acky. I asked why he did not go to the nurse and he said b/c it is jr high and you don't do that. Oh ok Ryan. b/c only in the lower grades does one go to the nurse? I told him in the future he is to go ot the nurse if it is that bad. So his fever yesterday after school was 101.5, after adult rapid relese Tylnl. it went down to 99.9....I still felt today that not being in school would help him get better AND it is not recomemned to go to school with a fever so I did not want to chance it. Michael and I both had to work and he said he was going to be fine in the bed in our room watching TV. I called far too many times for his liking AND M came home at noon for lunch to look in on him. I got out at 1 so I could be with him. We can tell he is doing better b/c he ate some toast and had lots of liquid and tea with honey. So we have been playing some board games and kickin it back old school. His favorite is Battleship. We have the old school version not the new electronic. Not as fun with the tech. I like the lil pegs ect. He is now playing with Michael. He just took Stephen to a friends house to stay over, first time in a longgg time that he did not have to work tonight at the hockey rrink or tom. w/ Mr. Electrician. He said he'll miss the cash but is so happy to be going to "work on his bike" at Matts. I made it clear he is not staying too late tom. b/c we all know that the white crap is comin' yet again. Michael made his trip to the Home Depot to get yet another stash of ice melt/rock salt. Funny how people say oh that $50. worth should take you through the winter...AHHHH sorry to burst your bubble but that is ONE STORM on our hill...Dawn can vouch for me...she now knows the "HILL"////; p lol It takes many lbs like a 50 lb bag to do some of it. We should buy stock in icemelt. I swear I tell M that if we were in a townhouse commnty. our condo fees would be less than what we spend in icemelt...lol I bet.....So I hope that your snow falls are lovely ones. Happy Winter to all! Tell me when the tulips bud! purple ones that is......

2 comments:

Kristin said...

"white crap", you are too funny!
i know, i think i am suffering from the winter blues or SAD, i wanna fly to a warm beach and fry in the sun and i don't even fly but i think i'd just do it to get away from the white crap, lol!
miss ya, we still have to get this blog party planned again soon!

Stephie Says..... said...

we do need the blog party to happen SOOONNNNN! Yes SAD is real in the winter but I am dealing so well this year with all the tips H&W has helped me with....I will let u know some when we see eachother. Hey I am not the best flyer either but I so will do it for the sake of warm sunny Fl...lol