Sunday, January 11, 2009

more from the snow front.....boy is it awefully frigid out there...


see below for winter updates..lol
Atleast this storm was not bad at all. Really we were so lucky. I can't even say it was 4 inches here. Yippie here. lol Ryan is feeling better to go to school tom. We did not let him out in the snow though to keep it at bay. I could tell he is in cabin fever mode. I did drive to the market and took S to Bobs Store to get a 50% off snowboarding jacket. He loves snowboarding and it is not cheep but hey he pays. He also has a snowsk8. ???? I had no clue what it was until it came by UPS. He had to order it through the net. It is like a sk8 board with no wheels, groves to push the snow and it looks like surfing when he goes down a snowy hill. He gets wood planks and has a jump thing and does "tricks", he is so narly dude..lol So this snow is making him very happy and his friend who has a flat back yard too. He loves coming here to use his thing on our back yard hill. We messed up some of his location when we put up the deck but hey he still has plenty of space. I wish I had the love of the snow but I don't. I wore snow boots to the store and felt like a weirdo walking in the boots. Hey I drove the 2 miles to the store..lol It was not too bad at all b/c of only 4 inches and the plows did an awesome job. The forcast looks like we are in for single digits UGH and more white crap Thursday. AGAIN! When is April going to be here? Now you know why we got married in April...my most favorite month evah! Except for the April Fools snow storm in I think 96 or 97 I have really never saw much snow in April......April where are you???????
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Both boys used the many Dicks GC's on snow stuff this week, snow pants needed b/c they grew hugh from last winter, snow shoe things that look like tennis rakets..lol to "hike" in our woods, I said just take some tennis rackets from the garage and tie them to the boots...lol and some air soft target and pistol thing that I do not really endorse but M had them get goggles and gear for that. So it was like Christmas yesterday at Dicks spending all the GC's....thanks to all who gave the Dicks GC's....they love that store...

2 comments:

Katie said...

We got a lot of snow and even though I love it, I am getting sick of it already. It seems like we are getting so many storms!
Good to see that all is well. Keep up the good work!

Paige said...

Sounds like you're bearing up well Stephanie! Glad to that the boys are enjoying the snow and yard and that Ryan is doing better.
I definately remember that storm! April 1st 1997. I was hugely pregnant with Quinn. D. worked 5 mins from the house, but it took him 45mins to get home! I love April too; 3 of my kids born that month :-) And like you, I hate the snow/winter. Gabbie was born on Marathon Monday the morning after a blizzard so I always say that winter isn't over until 4/18. LOL