Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Today was the BIG DAY! I am a looser...lol a 100 lb + looser





Today was my final Heart and Wellness Class for the program. I did step one and then step two. This has been on going since April 08 and now I am finished. I still have the once a month support group, and a weekly visit to info classes for 8 weeks for an hour and a half. It is bitter sweet. I feel like I lost my "blankie" and am going to be lost though I know I can do this without the program b/c I am determined. I have made this a healthy lifestyle change and will stick to this forever. I plan to drop more lbs and will see them for a follow up visit every six weeks. I still have a "lifeline so that makes me feel good. I got a graduation t-shirt and a pin that says I am a looser...lol then on the bottom it says 100+ lb club. I put it in my pink breast cancer bag and now can not locate it. I know I can get another one. I made a speech and talked about (holding back the tears) how much easier life is with 100lbs off the body. I won't go into it but I had 4 others who are early in the program come up to me and say they really feel modivated b/c of my positive attitude. This one gal said that when she would see me at the monthly support groups she thougth that I brightened up my group...That made me feel good. She asked to be with my group b/c she liked the way I was but she was not at that time frame so could not. I then met her at BABW and she was like oh u r from H and W and now I can see why you are such a joy...lol Her daughters still say to her lets go see that lady from ur group. She went Sunday and they were sad I was not there...; ( So I am now able to say I am a graduate of the H&W program....it was 8 long months but not really when you think about it. I am determined and I am off to the gym after this post...Yes I did do much exercise this morn but I gotta get some more in before I have to p/u Stephen from driving school and get Ry to Lax. Off I go to get those miles in on the treadmill to work up to the 20 a day that I will need for the breast cancer 3 day.....

5 comments:

Paige said...

WOOHOO!!!!! Way to go Stephie!!! I think you're a wonderful inspiration to so many regarding weight or other issues. No wonder that lady and her daughters love to visit you.
Keep up the great work! If I thought I could easily enough raise the funds, I'd join you on that 3 day; I'd love to do it one day. Hugs to you!

Stephie Says..... said...

Thanks Paige. I have made it my quest to help others who are on the steps lower than I am to make their way up. Once at a meeting this awesome gal gave me advice and I want to pay that forward to others. It only seems right! I am blessed to be able too. ; )

ADH said...

congrats!! oh, and I hope your shirt didn't say 'looser' lol, I don't think your hubby would be okay with that ;o) hahahaha...oh man...yaaaaay! can't wait till spring/summer to WALK! :o)

Stephie Says..... said...

t/u adh....no the shirt said I graduated for life.....but that looser pin is a hoot...

Kristin said...

Congratulations!
I am so happy & proud for you!