Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Selling Stuff.....UGH!

Do any of you know a person who always has to sell stuff? I have an ex-coworker who is always having some kind of home-selling thingy or another. She dabbeled in costume jewlery, I don't enjoy regular or fake. My wedding ring and pair of earings are enough for me. Kitchen items and tupperware are also amoung her many other things. Makeup was the best one, really expensive make-up. She also had the oh so terrible "toy" party. Once the girls at work were told to come to her house for wine and cheese. Well the invitation forgot to say she was selling the CHEESE! UGH.......I went to only one of her "selling" parties. The cheese one. Needless to say the market .5 miles from my house HAS cheese. Here is my point.....PEOPLE! I go to stores.......If I wnat storage containers I will go to the store. Tupperware is now sold at Target and the mall keoks (sp).........I buy the hugh $20.00 rubbermaid contains, 20 bowls for 20. Not one bowl for twenty. The that's a bowl from tupperware was given to my as a present. I know some gals like the "get-to-gether" fun of it. Hell, can't you go to someones house without your bankbook? Like a visit to NOT buy stuff. I HATE THAT! Then the reresentitiv efrom the company tries to be all like blah blah you can make all this money ect........Screw that......excuse my mouth.....So you know have to be the "party at my house" person. The worst one was this really expensive not so nice looking decorative stuff. I could go to TJ Maxx home store and get way nicer things from that expensive rip you over the coals Southern Living Crap. Stop the insainity. SO recently she "got into" a company that is the "end all be all" of health products. I am all for my Flax Oil and Acai Juice......I highly recomend Bosa Nova Acai Juice...Higest anti-oxidents out there. SO any how, you buy this at the STORE! Her stuff first you PEE in a cup....yes folks I said PEE IN A CUP at the presention, not in front of everyone in the potty...lol Then it gets wisked away to a lad so it could be tested so they could "customize" your "plan"////A very EXPENSIVE might I add plan.....@ $250. per month for you to get your body "In Balance"/////So the question from this man is Can you put a price on your health, without it you are nothing. I do not doubt or excuse tha tstatement but BUDDY boy you are a SALESMAN for this vitamin company that HAS to ask this question. My tought was does GNC sell this stuff b/c once again back to the GO TO THE STORE concept. He also went on and on saying we would nbe NUTS not to hop on this bandwagaon b/c we could make $30,000 A MONTH yes a MONTH residual income. Yeah budyy if I put a gun to everyone I knows head and MADE them and all their kin folk PEE in a cup and make them BUY the stuff that is "custome" to them.........SO the best part is I had to pick -up Stephen and his friend from youth group at @8:00...the "get-to-gether" started @7:15 he was halfway through when I had to excuse myself. Yippie. I did not get the "so are you on board" question. I find it hard to say no......just like I could not say no to her when she called to give me the most exciting news she has ever heard...quote un quote! I know I will be getting a call....YIKES........Also the others involed were like comatose looking made up gals. One insisted she knew me I was like no not there not there. She said so many differnt places...She was grabbin at straws. lol....Then she said I should try her day spa....Yeah go away Lady! I have family members that own those kinds of places and still do not go~! Let me alone......! SO anyone one board? LOL LOL LOL I am selling the CUPs to PEE in LOL LOL NOT! The best part was "in two weeks the cost of PEE analysist goes to $99.00 it is now at the low price of $49.99"...WOW what a deal people.......Can you see it now..this nation will be full of cups full of urine fro a mear $50...... ACT NOW AND SAVE>>>>>>>>

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my!
That is the craziest thing I ever heard!Pee in a cup! sooooo gross!

Those parties are annoying-I had 1 in my life, but I will go for fun, and if I have $ to spend!(last one I went to was Mary Kay and I had birthday $ to use!)
Mel

anonymous blogging woman..... said...

okay, you have me cracking up!!! selling cheese out of one's home is just wrong and nasty....lolololol.....

i also hate the "selling stuff" scenario, its a big turn off for me and i will NOT go to any of those parties.

a lady i massaged last week spent the whole hour asking me questions about what i want to do after i have the baby, etc. well i tried to get her out of the room after the massage and she pulls out a binder (not sure where she got it because they are naked in a robe) but she tried to get me to sign on to her sports drink company to sell them from home. she told me she makes 14,000 per month and all that crap. she took up my entire break between clients because she wouldn't shut up!!!!!!!!! the nerve!!!!

anonymous blogging woman..... said...

oh...and i didn't even comment on the group peeing in a cup party because its just gross! hahahahaha

Karen said...

Stephie I am SO ON BOARD WITH YOU!!!! I hate these things too.. The latest craze around last summer was SILPADA which is very nice silver jewelry, but I'm like you.. I kind of wear the same stuff and I dno't have an extra $75 bucks to buy a necklace. Then there was the skincare where a friend of mine GAVE me this kit to use (I thought she wanted feedback) then later was like so when are you going to buy the products! I was like what???? I have to be more careful. I had a stupid partylite candle party that went all around the neighborhood years back so you had the same exact people buying tea lights and I got tons of CRAP from partylites that looks like it came from the dollar store.

I have yet to be invited to "pee in a cup" though.. that takes the cake.. and no one ever asked me to buy the cheese (lol)! Too funny.. but I agree with you. Although I do like the pampered chef parties and they have really good snacks.

Anonymous said...

So if I have a pampered chef party you guys will all attend???????
LOL
Mel

Anonymous said...

LOL I'm laughing so much here Stephie! Yes, I'm on board with you too. I have had one of those parties ever and only because I felt browbeat into it. I've been to a few different ones,but I'm never comfortable with them and have never been impressed enough to spend alot of money. The whole pee in a cup deal sounds fake it's so ridiculous,but I believe you; will people stop at nothing? What's next? Boutique quality bottle air? Oh wait that would be at an oxygen bar right? LOL

Paige

Anonymous said...

LOL Paige....
Heres the thing...Whos to say that the "custom results" are even real...COME ON> One of the comatose gals said hers just came in and she was pleased except for one aspect and she pulled out a gift size bag of pill bottles and asked the guy who gave the presentation what she is missing...Yeah lady you had enough suplements to choke a horse...Yikes...Stephie

Dawn said...

Well, I'm guilty, I have both sold crap (but not really) and have had parties and have gone to parties but I tell you NO MORE! I'm swearing off all that stuff forever! Not to mention I found a place where I can get any and all of it at cost and I still don't want it. I'm never good at selling because if people want to buy Rubbermaid instead of Tupperware, I'm all for it... see the problem? I'm not good at selling although I did try (sort of) - my latest and dumbest adventure was Mary Kay which I just recently signed up for and got totally sucked into the whole thing until they wanted me to literally spend thousands on inventory and I had to SNAP OUT OF IT! I don't care if people use Mary Kay or Walmart brand - and I am totally not good at recruiting either! Any time someone wants you to SPEND money to MAKE money, that's not cool. I have seen a lot of things but peeing in a cup, that's freaky! I would not have done it and I can't imagine being the salesperson who then has to handle all this urine and get it to the appropriate place! And I always say if the crap everyone is selling was so darn good, why don't they just put it in the store like everyone else - forget about the % they give the salesperson and the hostess discounts and prizes, etc and it could actually be a regular price - not highway robbery. Well, as you can see - I have some strong opinions on this! Stick togeher ladies and JUST SAY NO!

Drew said...

Nancy had a tupperware party back in the 90's...remember Mel? Lavaida got her into it. That was her 1st. and last. I think she pawned it off on Anne after that..lol
In the interest of full disclosure, I have to say that she went to a Pampered Chef party once and bought this cool lemonade maker-thingy. She makes awesome lemonade w/it.

Anonymous said...

I should say in fairness that the only 'home party' type products I honestly like and have bought a few times are from Tastefully Simple and I had a friend who would order for me without a party. Other than that the only exception for me is Avon and even that I haven't bought in years though my niece is a rep. My SIL sells Pampered Chef and I can't afford it, plus I am no cook so I have none of it.

Paige

melissa said...

Drew-I never went to a tupperware party! Maybe we lived in CT or something then
Mel