Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I bet Karen can guess the lake!


As the warmer weather is approcahing, so we can hope, I look forward to lake swimming. Mostly pool swimming but I will take a lake over the salty, slimy ocean anyday. This is one of my favorite lakes. My most favorite would be Lake Sebago in Maine. I love it from the Point Sebago resort only. My in laws for Christmas bought all the brothers a timeshare that will be shared between the four famlies. It is for two weeks and home base is right near this lake shown. It can be transfered to other locations but I really think Michael and I may use it here this summer to save on transfer fees ect. His oldest brother banked his week but needs to use it by August so he said we cold have it. Thanks John......Next year would be our year but we get to have it early. I have been to a weekend getaway to this place before b/c a co-worker of mine did not use hers on Memorial Day weekend so she let us have it for a few days. The weirdest thing is that the condo has no A/C.........It has floor fans and ceiling fans. I find that weird for a summer place. Hey what can I say. I could deal. I will call it camping.....lol lol So take a guess K ...I know you will get it correct. You also love this place,,,,I think......b/c you love the places near it you once said.......Have a great Wednesday people......
If you spell it wrong thats ok b/c I don't know how to spell it anyway...HINT!

11 comments:

Karen said...

GORGEOUS.. I'd say Winnepesauke or Squam Lake.. (but i'd guess W).. That sounds like a great vacation.. so much to do up there in the summer.. But Steph we are opposites no the lake/ocean thing.. I'm afraid of lakes because of the color..you don't know what's on the bottom.. plus I read Stephen King's (or Richard Bachman's) The RAFT and I've been freaked out ever since! DO I win the prize?!!

Stephie Says..... said...

you win ,,,,you win.....hum....I am not sure what you win...lol Oh you win a free swim in the lake with the lake monsters lol lol Only kiddin....Really about swimming in lakes...Funny!
Think just b/c you spelt it correct you should win something...lol
Winnepesauke....

Karen said...

ooHH.. That was just a guess on the spelling too! It's a tough one. I have heard that there are snakes in lakes too. gross. Did you ever see that horrible movie about the giant alligator that lived in Lake Placid. I think it was called Placid or something.. stupid but those things creep me out! You lucky duck to get a nice vaca like that. Kudos to Michael's parents :)

Drew said...

I can't think of Winnepesauke without thinking of Bob Wiley in What About Bob.

"Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
I'm a schizophrenic,
and so am I"

Hiooooooooooo!

Oh..Nancy and I have been to Sebago (and Point Sebago) many times! We love it there.

Karen said...

What about Bob is one of Bill's favorite movies! We just watched it with Matt last weekend.. It's so silly...

anonymous blogging woman..... said...

i love lake winnepesauke! and i love how you say the word....lol....

anonymous blogging woman..... said...

i do agree with auntie, lakes freak me out....so do ponds.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny you guys don't like lakes....I LOVE Lakes......Stephie

melissa said...

IIWWWWW! Lake swimming!I'll take the ocean anyday!

FYI the ocean is cleaner-steph!
My friends own a frame shop there by the lake-If you want to check it out while youre on vacation,I'll e-mail the name-

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo! I miss NH so much and can't wait to visit again. Enjoy that time share; what a thoughtful and generous gift. Enjoy!

Paige

Anonymous said...

Mel yeah I am curious about what shop it is ...b/c we always walk that strip. We stayed on the not so busy part of the lake. It was so quiet but this year I know we have to be at the Weirs Beach part but I am still ok with that.....
Last year was when Ry got the infection on his outer ear on the thing he had to get removed at Childrens. We have an inkling that it was from bactreia from the lake ...SO I guess lakes are a little filled with germs too. But no sharks...lol Stephie