Monday, April 30, 2007

What a day in this small town......

I just was comenting 3 days ago to my sister-in-law about how the silliest things that go into this towns police blotter. For example, police respond to garden being dug up, suspect may be a critter. Then a disturbing the peace, lawn mover being loud at 800pm. Ok whos lawn is tall enough to mow at this point? I am just glad ours is bright green let alone tall......Another call was could not locate car in Market Basket parking lot. Not stoolen just lost for a while lol .......
Well this weeks blotter will have more than just your shits and giggels type of reporting. This morning it started that as we were leaving "the hill" on the way to pick up Jordan down the street, three cars with police lights unmarked go flying by me. Now that is really weird. I think in the entire town we have 4 patrol cars, and two dark blue crown vics.....Maybe 5 full time officers and 4 p/t....Well after getting Jordan and talking about how weird it was to see the unmarked cars, he said yeah my mom called and said something is weird on River Street when she was leaving for work, she still drives the bus. I get about a block from Jodans house the entire other end from where we live and there are staties, local police undercover and yellow tape acroos the road. It was so bizzare. What the heck is going on. My cell rang about 5 seperate times. Questions from drivers on the main road Rt 114 that could tell the top of River was closed. Being the honoray mayor and all, I may have the scoop....lol .......So they think!.......Later on while on my break I got the semi scoop...and the mess was cleared by 12:30 from 8:00 am .......atleast the cars were able to go by at that point. SO the story goes it is not the first time police had to respode to this residence..A Nam Vet older man who gets "weird" every so often tried to hold his wife and 6 year old grandchild hostage. The wife got away with the child and ran to the neighbors to call the police. It looked like they were surounding the neighbors house a single mother that I know with a disable child. SO all I could think of something happen to the boy who is a year younger than Stephen. I know he is in a home for disable children but maybe he was home and something happen. That was not the case but I did not know that 'till afternoon. So worry was in the back of my mind. I still don't know the outcome of how it ended ect.....Then after dinner the phone rings, I look at caller ID and it is the school dept. They have a service that mass calls families, ie reminder of half days coming up, field trips ect. Ry has a ft coming up this week to Lex/Concord battle site. So I answer and it is the superintendent to repot that 35 students were involed in a bus accident and are all fine. He gives the details. At the point of the word accident I then am sobbing b/c I once was a bus driver and have children and could not imagine the gut wrentching feeling I would get knowing my kid or any at that was involed in a bus accident. The almost 10 years living in this town not once a fendah bendah. Driving for the bus company I would get the 1st scoop of maybe a lot "bump" backing up into a pole while parking but never did I hear of an accident for all the 3 towns that I drove in. I was glad to have a spotless clean tenure with that part of my life and never thank God have had an accident or any problem of that sort. I would feel aweful and not able to forgive myself if I put anyone in harms way. Main reason why I quit while I was ahead.........I am not a QUITER but I had to leave the job despite the $20+ dollars per hour, it was alot of stress and responsbility to keep them safe. They are paid that b/c it is not an easy job. I think the stress was getting to me and my white knuckles were taking a toll. I miss the kids emencly (sp) but the task at hand not a bit. Those 77 pasanger big babies are hugh and yellow and really great in the snow but Normie knows the very flake of snow and I was a basket case. I did not show it to the students but inside I was eating away years by the minute. So now you know why I build bears .....lol .........NO STRESS! Maybe that will erase the stress build up...lol So I go to tell Michael what happen and am crying uncontrollably and he is like who is hurt ect. I said none. He was like why are you so worked up knowing that out of the 37 involved not a one was injured just shooken up. I guess it was just me picturing the incident and feeling of pit in your stomach stress. I am just so glad to report not an injury and all was handled by the book. I hope that tommorow brings a new light of no worries and peace to the day.

7 comments:

Norma said...

I did watch the news last night and did not see either story! I go to Stephie Says when I want my North Shore news, anyway!!!

Anonymous said...

lol.....I AM the North Shore gal...

Karen said...

Mayor Stepanie..I love it! My friend is a school bus driver and has told me of many experiences of shallow breathing and sweating palms.. (that's me going through tunnels).. I could never do it. Just glad everyone is fine and I hope the Nam guy gets some good meds to help him through these times!

melissa said...

Steph,what a story!
Glad all are OK
Hope you had a big glass of wine that evening to relax!

anonymous blogging woman..... said...

3 cheers for the bus driver the bus driver the bus driver, 3 cheers for the bus driver who's with us today! he drinks, he smokes, he tells dirty jokes, 3 cheers for the bus driver who's with us today!

lol...that's the song we used to sing for the bus driver (who was our parrish priest) when i was in Sacred Heart Colorguard back in Rozzy...

glad no one was hurt and that now you get to hug bears instead of grip the stearing wheel!

Drew said...

Jess, we used to sing that song too! So funny. I don't think I could handle being a bus driver. The stress would def. get to me. I'd much rather buiuld bears...or in my case, work with plants. Thank God everyone is okay!

Stephie Says..... said...

The priest was the BUS Driver too....lol

I agree Drew....so agree...

If I drank wine I would of...I had a nice big glass of pom jucie...lol

The Nam guy is a bee keeper...he made it seem like he was going to let loose all the bees....Yuck I hate bees good ones too...He sit on his lawn on hot days and sells his homemade hunny. He always looked so weird to me. I am not one for homemade hunny. Rather buy it at the store lol.....