Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mothers Day 1993



  • Mothers Day 1993, my first one......Michael, I and our 4 month old son go to a resturant for the big day. He tells me we will do what you want to today, this is your day. As we are driving up Rt. 1 (lived south then) I saw a sign that said "visit the park" ....I wanted to walk in the "park" and enjoy my new family. Show off the baby on that beautiful day. So I tell Michael after we eat I would love to go to that park. He was like no you don't/ now I am like "you said I could choose" so what is the problem? Well it is not a park.....but the sign said......no it is a "place of rest" ......no! it says park. Not to have a bicker with the lovely mother of his first born on her first Mothers Day he takes me to the "park" to apease (sp) me........Well he was right, this was not a park I wanted to walk a baby carraige in. No sure re......It was a pretty place don't get me wrong but it sure was a cemetary. OPPSS !!!! my bad.....it is still a funny little story we still tell today. As for the walk in the park, we have had 15 years of that...a walk in the park...hand in hand of course...........Happy Mothers Day to all of you who are moms or have given care, or been like a mom to another.........Blessings...

8 comments:

Karen said...

That's such a funny story.. Cemetaries can be quite beautiful though!

anonymous blogging woman..... said...

happy mom's day :) my mother loves cemetarys...especially old ones....their peaceful!

Drew said...

Happy Mothers Day to all the moms. (sorry this is late)
I alsways think that cemetaries are a waste of open space.

Can't we just move the headstones?

"You sonofabitch! You only moved the headstones!!" <--What movie is that from???

Anonymous said...

Goodfellas? is my guess....Stephie

Norma said...

Poltergeist.

Karen said...

Scary doomed movie..everybody dies..

Anonymous said...

Carolann!

Anonymous said...

What a fun Mothers Day memory to reflect on! LOL I spent my very first Mothers Day at a park too; Boston Public Garden. I hope all the moms had a wonderful day.

Paige