Friday, May 11, 2007

Specks for the family


In the early morning we are off to the eye doctors for our yearly exam. Like the dentist we have found it easier to make the four visit appmnt. on the same day. It sounds rather comical that we sit there and wait for eachother for a good amount of time at both eyes and teeth visits. We are lucky enough that Michaels work has this awesome vision and dental program that we bearly pay anything per month for the insurance and so much is covered. Free glasses or contacts for the year, exam and great service is wonderful. The eye doctors name is quite funny Dr. Seymore.....SEE MORE! hehehehehe! Last year Stephen got contacts to wear while playing hockey. He got 6 months of contacts free.......And a pair of really nice glasses. They broke while playing knee hockey with his brother, we took them there and walah new pair no charge. Thos was like 8 months after we got them. This year since his glasses are so new and if the script does not chage we will get the year of contacts and he wants to wear them more than just for hockey. I am looking forward to a new pair myself. The thing is with adults it is either or......Last year I choose contacts a years worth and still have many. My scrpit did not change so I kept my glasses. I am so excited about changing them this time. I may even spring for the differnce and pay for tranistions......I hear they are not all that good though b/c unlike my perscrition sunglasses they do not get "dark enough". In a year or two if Ry askes we will look into contacts for him and Michael just always gets the contacts, he just wears his glasses at night. I do know how he goes all day with contacts....I have to rip them out even if they are fresh new out of the box after 230/300 from wearing them in the am.......my eyes must be sensitive or something.
I told the boys I will get them up early to get ready and they were like awwwww! Back in the day I can remember when I WISHED I could sleep past 600am but had little ones that woke at at the crack of dawn like 500am....Now they want to stay in bed till' past 830....that is now so late....I feel like a day is wasted if you are not up and getting things done. Weekends just fly and I need all the time I can to get the stuff done. Also I want to take a break in the pm and rest and no go go go all day long.......SO the early bird catches the worm....Get those worms people ! Worms.......Yuck!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We do the same thing with appts. Stephie; makes things alot easier. Good luck with the glasses/contacts. Gabbie wants contacts,but she can't keep track of her glasses half the time so she's not getting them. I just wish she could see the logic of that. LOL about kids waking early/sleeping late. I don't like to waste the day either. Have a great one!

Paige

Karen said...

The family that sees together, stays together (lol!)..

I love the name Seymore.. My pediatrian's name when I was little was Dr. Hurtzmark. (hurts mark!!!) and when I got my tonils out when I was about 4, the mean nurse's name was Nurse Crabtree! How funny is that. You are super lucky to get your glasses paid for.. I always go to Walmart because they are cheapest. The boys are due in July and I think I'm going to get an appointment too.. My eyes are watery and blurry sometimes but I think its because I spend too much time looking at a computer screen!

Karen said...

p.s. where are you getting all these good pics and how do you do it? I thought you said you were computer illiterate!!!!!

Anonymous said...

K I go to google images and put in a search word. Then I do save as....then on the blog I click the photo then upload..I then put the picture in recyl. bin to not take up room on the comp...Stephen of course helped me with this entire processes the 1st time...lol
=================================
We did good today, I did upgrades to my and Rys glasses and M got extra contact boxes b/c he uses them so much, we put in for 4 people $160.00...thats 4 pairs of glasses and 3 people with contacts...the total he said would of been about $974.00 out of pocket if we did not have the plan....What a savings and we do not pay co-pay or for the exam...It was like we saved a bundel on our car insurance lol lol get it get it.....

Anonymous said...

btw instead of transitions I got the glasses that have a sunglass clip on with the frame...I can not wait ...I wanted the brownish frame but the man said I looked better with the blackish metal one...I am sure they know what they are talking about....m and the boys said they saw no difference...well this nice gay man did and I would take a gay mans oppion b/c thye do know what they are talking about when it comes to looks...lol ........

melissa said...

I had a gay man do my eyebrows!
Perfect!

Karen said...

I wish I had a gay man friend to help me decide if I want to put highlights in...

Anonymous said...

lol lol lol u gals r so funny....S

melissa said...

Oh no, time for our eye exams!
Thanks for the reminder-it was may 20th last year...