Monday, April 09, 2007

Route One ICON! DOWN!



THIS JUST IN >>>>>>>DINO IS DOWN I REPETE>>>>>>DINO IS DOWN.............

This here T-REX is the mascott of Route one in Saugus Massachusetts. At the mini-golf and batting cages place famous to the almost northshore people. I say almost because growing up I recall when in the car coming from EB Rt 1A once you see the dino you are in the "burbs". Really it is not but to an Eastie gal and other EBers Saugus was a long way from the tarred backyards and the triple deckers of the city. On Fox news at 10 it was reported that vandels knocked him over. He is not small and I also remeber being a kid thinking that is so hugh........A local tow company, the mans last name was Bear...lol is going to raise the T-rex at no cost. He plans on doing this before the mini golf weather sets in. He hass plenty of time...lol I am sure in 40* wind chill of 27* not too many mini golfers are making their way to noisy Rt 1..........Reporting live from my kitchen PC this is your reporter Stephie...Back to you at the studio.......LOL LOL

5 comments:

Karen said...

Reporting back to you, this is Karen from the South Shore.. lol!!!

I always thought the Hilltop Cows were the mascots!!! but I do know the dino! What rotten kids to vandalize. I'm glad the guy is going to put it back up..You are too funny!

Drew said...

If my kids ever did something like that, I think I'd be more hurt and surprised than anything else. The thought of destroying someone's property make me a little sick to my stomach. Let's all raise good citizens!

Norma said...

Can you believe I actually heard about this on Monday from ANDY? He emailed me the story...I hadn't watched the news all day...I AM HORRIFIED! I LOVE THAT DINO! You are right...it was so exciting as a kid to merge on to the "real" part of Rt. 1 and see him there...I would turn in my seat as we passed and watch him as long as I could. Those little bastards should be strung up. F'in spoiled suburban kids!!!

Anonymous said...

So funny how Andy in Carolinas reporting on Saugus Ma....lol
I would rubber neck too to get the view/ The best was going south when you had full view.....Stephie

Andy said...

I was so sad to hear the news. I spent many a fun weekend at that place.

Hey, is the Blue Star Bar still there? - Wasn't that the next landmark after you got onto route 1 after the dinosaur?