Saturday, January 20, 2007

The year I was born......

All the info in reg print does not matter, just the BOLD faced words.... I have just realized why I am such a Disney fanatic.......WDW and I were born the same year........I have visited WDW 13 times in 35 years. The first visit I made was in 1989 the year I was a senior at PJH! Yes folks I was NEVER taken there as a child and have the need to make up for this tragic loss. I voed with my husband who has many childhood memories of the family vacations in Disney to have our children get the DISNEY vacation fun! So out of the 13 times at Disney 12 of them were with Michael and the boys. Our first time there was when Stephen was 3 and Ryan was 6 mnths. Some may say that is a waste for them but the fun and memories for Michael and I are still as fresh as the day we flet the Florida sun. We are not at all ones to spoil our kids and we always go on a budget. We only stayed in the park once b/c of his cousins wedding. The other times we get grreat deals with hotels or houses off property that make the trip a money friendly time. Last year on our trip a cast member (employee of Disney as they call them) asked us if this was our first trip to the park....I WAS SO PROUD to say NO our 13th........He said oh you are a Floridian ...oh no a Bostonian.........yes a Bostonian that would leave Boston in the blink of an eye and MOVE to Celebration, Harmony, or Reunion Florida in a heartbeat....So the wonderful year of 1971 the happiest place on EARTH was open and Stephie came into the world.......



In 1971 (the year you were born)
Richard Nixon is president of the USCharles Manson and 3 of his followers are convicted of multiple counts of first-degree murderAn earthquake in California's San Fernando Valley kills 64 peopleNew York Times begins publication of classified Pentagon papers on US involvement in VietnamThe $70 million Kennedy Center opens in Washington, DCA four day revolt at New York's Attica state prison ends after being stormed by 1000 state troopersA new stock-market index called the Nasdaq debuts DISNEY WORLD OPENS
Intel releases world's first microprocessor, the 4004Ray Tomlinson sends the first e-mailLibertarian party established in USAKid Rock, Denise Richards, Sean Astin, Winona Ryder, and Ricky Martin are bornPittsburgh Pirates win the World SeriesBaltimore Colts win Superbowl VMontreal Canadiens win the Stanley CupThe Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath is publishedThe Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour premeires on television"Bridge Over Troubled Water" by Simon & Garfunkel wins Grammy for song of the yearAll in the Family premieres

11 comments:

Drew said...

'71 was a good year if YOU and Sean Astin (A.K.A. Samwise Gamgee) were born.

Karen said...

Your boys are very lucky to have visited Disney 12 times! My first visit was when I was 12 years old and went with my parents and my cousins. We stayed at a rinky dink hotel called the 1776 (or was it a motel) It was my very first plane ride and it was wonderful! We had a great time except for the boring side trip to see the Kennedy Space Center which took hours and was nothing but a big air strip. The highlight was that we saw gators in the median strip!

Drew said...

oh...never been to Disney!

Anonymous said...

You havn't lived 'till you've been to Disney,,,No I am just kidding about that.......
See K you got to have those memories of your family when you were 12....I know that motel...Michaels cousiin stayed there once when we were at a Days Inn..they drove up from Ft.Lauderdale and had no where else to stay I swear it was that name and it was a roadside kind of shaky place. Micahel wants to take the kids to Kennedy and I am like WHY? IT'S NO DISNEY WORLD>>>LOL Stephie

Anonymous said...

DREW WHO IS HE??????? S> GAMGEE???

Paige said...

Lucky you Stephanie! I've only been to DW....ONCE and it was last year at age....38!! Ok pick up your chin now LOL My kids have never been there. Dh couldn't give two hoots about going. If it's the last thing I do before I die, I'll bring our kids there. Yes, I'm borderline Disney obsessed too.

Andy said...

DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!DISNEY!

Drew said...

My Inner Geek speaks:

Master Samwise Gamgee was Frodo Baggins' right hand Hobbit. Hey was at the Council of Elrond and ultimately, as one of the Fellowship, carried Frodo up the side of Mount Doom where Frodo was to cast the One Ring into the very firey crack of the mountain. Now as we know, Hobbits were among the smallest and most vunerable creatures in all of Middle Earth. But Hobbits are stout of heart, and Gandalf thought it best that a Hobbit could resist the temptation of the One Ring. When Frodo was at the very edge of the fire, he claimed the ring as his own. He made it so far, over many months and miles and in the end, could not resist the power of the ring. So, the creature Gollum snuck up behind Frodo and bit the ring from Frodo's finger and as he danced and celebrated being reunited with "his preciousssssss" he fell into the firey pit, destroying himself, and the One Ring to Rule Them All.

Wait: What was the question?

Anonymous said...

ANDY .......U like Disney too I see..........Thats is how it appears......Stephie

Anonymous said...

Drew
Ishould of asked Stephen b/c he would of known that answer...A Lord Of the Rings fan too....Stephie

Karen said...

Drew, you never cease to amaze me. I still can't believe I never read the series. My younger bro was totally into it.. He also played Dungeons and Dragons and although 2 years younger than I, always helped me with my homework!