Sunday, January 07, 2007

How Stephie came about.....

All my life I never liked when I was called STEPH..It is ok to write it to keep it short but to say it I am not too keen on it........I like Stephanie.......There was one person who started Stephie a long time ago when I was maybe 3 was my Papa Stephen. The called him Stevie so it was right for him to call me Stephie. When he passed away when I was 10 it killed to hear it from anyone but Nana T. She still to this day says "OH STEPHIE" and Norma imatates it so well. Time went on and Norma (Normie) and BN (Big Norma, who is very little mind you but the older of the pair) called me Stephie without any hesitation from me because it is like a term of endearment from them. I now very much like it in the form of how it is used today. Jim, Normas husband suggested my "comp" name be Stephie as in Stephie Says....At first I was Mom who builds bears but the Stephie Says was just so appropriate. I never hear it from Michael and would find it weird if I did. Just like to call him MIKE is so Carol Brady. He is a Michael and will always be just like I am a STEPHIE!

4 comments:

Karen said...

How cute.. Loved that story and love both names.. Stephie and Stephanie.. very feminine and pretty. Just like you!

Karen said...

Well, since there is no shortening of Karen.. pretty boring but we have come up with some..

Bill calls me the Karkid.
My dad calls me Karenina.
My friend Sherri calls me K.
Friends call me Kar (but with the Boston accent so don't pronounce the r)

I love the name William but we've never used it. When I met hubby he was still called Billy and sometimes I call him Billy, but mostly Bill (or hon). We call Billy Billy probably until he gets older then he will be Bill..wished we used William but we didn't. I love the name Matthew, but we mostly call him Matt or mattyman. When he was smaller everyone called him Matty but he doesn't like it anymore.

Can you tell that I'm bored working today?

Anonymous said...

I love the name Karenina.....
so sweet and to come from your dad that is even sweeter.....Stephie

Karen said...

The funniest thing is that he calls my sister Diane "Dianarino" which is hilarious!

When Bill and I owned a small boat, we named it "the Karenina". I love that he calls me that. I think it means little Karen. My Italian grandmother didn't like the name Karen.. she thought it was stupid.