Saturday, January 06, 2007

$3.00 ....not worth it.......

Today was our 6 month dentist visit. The boys and I are on the same days and Michael is off on his own. At one time it was a family trip but he messed up about a year ago and is off our rotation. Michael has been with this practice since he was 2. (not one for change) I really like the hygenists but dislike the new dentist that took over for the ailing one from M's childhood. I have been seein them for 17 years now and Love having the same cleaner all the time. We still head down south even though there are a handfull of really good ones up here. It is all what you are used too. We never have dental issues due to the fact I am a brushing vigalanty when it comes to all of us. So seeing the dentist is for about 1 min and he says lookin good again...then goes on his way. We leave the rest to Diane, an experienced women of about 25 years behind the same chair. Since I was heading south and about 3 miles from Logan Airport I offered a ride to my co-worker/friend who is heading to Florida today on buisness. Bright and early we get her, chat on the way and end up at Ternl. C before you know it. A quick goodbye since the Troopas are all over the place despite it is 750am. As I am exiting the airport I read the sign "left lane RT 1A" so I stay in the LEFT lane to get to the highway I just came off of. (Now mind you when I was 17 -20 I drove a shuttle bus from an off site parking lot to & from the airport, knew it like the back of my hand) Not now it is all refigured and a MESS! SO the left lane that I think is the correct way takes my to a TOLL BOOTH to go into the city....Panic sets in I want to back up, can't do that...more Troopas.......OH GOD WHAT DO I DO....You may be saying, "just go through the goshdarn tunnel and turn around what is the big deal?" WELL THE BIG DEAL IS IT COST $3.00 TO GO THROUGH THE TUNNEL> I DON'T HAVE A COLD RED CENT ON ME! Not more than a quarter and a penny. My sons are frozen in fair b/c they see my panic set in. I get to the tollbooth and in hyper talk with lack of breath from hyperventalating tell this nice in the quiet box women "I don't know what happen I read the sign I need to go to Rt 1 A I read what it said I did it right how did this happen?" She is like calm down just go through here get off at exit 25 turn around and take rt 1 a after you get to South Boston. "BUT YOU DON'T UNDERSTND I HAVE NO MONEY!!!!!!!!!! WHAT AM I GONNA DO?????? I DID NOT MEAN TO GET IN THIS LANE I DONT HAVE MONEY JUST A DEBIT CARD!!!!!! CAN I BACK UP!" NO please do not do that you NEED to calm down.....Is her helpful responce. I am like what do I do if I have no money!! She looks into the car (now the lane is filling up and cars behind me start to beep) She says nobody in the car has anymoney? No they are my sons and carry no money. She picks up the walkie talkie thing OH NO she is reporting me what am I gonna tell Michael...No I am about to cry but continue with a little unappropriate laugh b/c I laugh instead of cry out of a fear I guess. So Ryan in the back seat says are you laughing b/c you are fooling her. NO I WOULD NOT FOOL WITH TIS WOMEN! I REALLY HAVE NO MONEY ON ME! So she looks back out and says my supervisor says you can write a cheak ........Really for THREE DOLLARS>...Yes to the whatever MTI or something...Then I write 1/6/06 she hands it back to me and says change it to 07 and put you initials.....OH MY GOODNESS what else will go wrong. Now the line is really long......SO I thanks her from the bottom of my heart and drive through the long tunnel. I get to South Boston and now panic again b/c I can not find the sign that she told me about. Ry looks out the window and says take a right...What Ryan how do you know....He looks to the left and sees the building his Aunt works in & remembers going there via the tunnel to get something at her office one day when he was with her and I was working. Really mom trust me I have been here before...Take a right.......so I go that way not trusting this boys insticnt and what do ya know...a tunnel heading back North....SIGH>>>>>I stay in the middle in fear of taking yet another incorrect road. I see Rt 1 A North and sigh a big sigh of relief b/c I am now on a road I know. I was almost 3 miles from this road in deep fear b/c it is THE CITY! I DO NOT LIKE TO DRIVE IN THE CITY! of Boston that is......So I just don't think $3.00 was worth a tunnel ride in a circle to get out of the airport. I can't wait to tell Jenn this story when she gets back. Knowing her I may get a Flavored Water from all this feeling guilty that she had me spend $3.00 to get out of the airport.............lol lol lol
Yes it is yet another crazy Stephie moment in the life and times of ME!

10 comments:

Stephie Says..... said...

by the way I told M about this and he was NOT surprised lol
At one point today I was out most of the day He called me to tell me an old friend called and to call her back. I asked if there were any other calls he siad the tunnel people called and said my ck bounced LOL LOL LOL Oh yeah REAL FUNNY!

anonymous blogging woman..... said...

okay, that really stinks! they really should take debit cards though...they even take them on airplanes now.

hehehe, i get to call you a spaz for that one!

Anonymous said...

Trust me I have been called a SPAZ many other times ...this one takes the cake...lol lol Stephie

Karen said...

Omg.. You have me totally cracking up because that is such something that I would do. Once I get lost in Boston, a sense of unreality sets in and I can't breathe either. One time I tried to take the boys to the Aquarium.. Now, I went to Suffolk University right in the heart of the city and drove in and out of there all the time. Well, there was construction and I ended up lost somewhere in the North End.. then ended up on Beacon street after 2 tries for the aquarium. I know the Boston Common Parking garage and was like "kids, we are going to the swan boats today!" They were troopers about it, but I'll never forget the sweat on my forehead or the feeling of being on all those unfamiliar little roads. So Steph, I salute you for finding your way home. My advice is don't ever volunteer to take anyone to the airport! Thanks for the laughs!

Karen said...

p.s. Jess already knows I'm a spaz. :)

Drew said...

Asking someone to take you to the airport is the equivelent of asking someone to help you move. Unless you're really best friends, you just gotta ask family!

melissa said...

Airport trips are always a bit risky-especially in Boston, or NY!!!
I volunteered to pick up a friend once at LGA (2 days before my wedding) and ended up driving in circles looking for him then wandering the airport for like 45 minutes!
bad times bad times...

Anonymous said...

Mel
Glad you did not miss your wedding lol ////Stephie

Dawn said...

Steph, I travel a lot by car and that's happened to me at least two times that I can think. The worst one was when I was in Maryland... didn't even have my checkbook with me... I had to mail them a check for $5.00 ~ but what's the worst thing they can do ~ make you turn around? That's what you wanted to do anyway! LOL! I'm sure they see it all the time but I know that feeling of panic. A couple weeks ago, we were headed back from New Hampshire and I had totally forgotten there was a 75 cent toll and didn't think I had any money... but pulled over before the toll and remembered that I had 3 quarters that I made the kids give back to me when they wanted to get something out of a vending machine and it was perfect, just made it! Good story!

Anonymous said...

Dawn
that was a sign that you took back the 3 Quarters....Thanks that you did ..huh!